Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat (Read 2090 times)

Inspector

Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« on: February 05, 2022, 06:04:35 AM »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 07:19:22 AM »
talk english

what is a "Payrolls Beat"???

Back in the day, newspapers (and tv) newsrooms had a reporter assigned to cover specific topics.
ie. crime beat, legislative beat, weather beat, etc etc.
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 08:00:30 AM »
They lied so spectacularly that nobody in their right mind will ever trust the official numbers again.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

QUIETShooter

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 08:30:28 AM »
They lied so spectacularly that nobody in their right mind will ever trust the official numbers again.

I was thinking the same thing.  And this trend of fixing the numbers are becoming more prevalent in all aspects when "reporting" to the masses.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Inspector

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 08:34:18 AM »
They lied so spectacularly that nobody in their right mind will ever trust the official numbers again.
Yup, you hit the nail right on the head. Now we can manipulate the numbers when we don’t like them. Look out next month!  :crazy:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »
They lied so spectacularly that nobody in their right mind will ever trust the official numbers again.
Keep this in your back pocket, most people aren't in their right minds to begin with.
I remember the 1964 election and I figured at that point when I was 9 years old that the
Federal government was full of liars and cheats and the media backed them up.
When I voted for proposition 13 in Cailf. I decided that state governments weren't any better.
Given the reaction to that vote by the governor, Jerry Brown.
In my entire life I can't think of anything the government did that wasn't fuked up or
could be trusted.

Rocky

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
anything the government did that wasn't fuked up or
could be trusted.
Thought about this for a bit and also came up empty.   ???
Anybody ?
Anybody ?
Bueller ?
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 11:42:25 AM »
Thought about this for a bit and also came up empty.   ???
Anybody ?
Anybody ?
Bueller ?
“I’m from the Government and I’m here to help.”

Ronald Reagan
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 12:12:24 PM »
Thought about this for a bit and also came up empty.   ???
Anybody ?
Anybody ?
Bueller ?

Many projects fail because they have incompetent managers.  The workers were ready, willing and able to meet any challenge had the deadlines, resources and requirements been better defined and calculated.

Most of the truly successful projects I was part of worked mainly because there were very few of us doing the work.  It's when there are hundreds of people and lots of locations involved that the train sometimes comes off the rails.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw