fried rice (Read 3242 times)

macsak

Lihikai

Re: fried rice
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 09:28:07 PM »
Like Like w/2 eggs over easy - mmmmmm

RSN172

Re: fried rice
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 10:27:24 PM »
Like Like w/2 eggs over easy - mmmmmm
Cept no mo Like Like any mo.
Happily living in Puna

ren

Re: fried rice
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 10:32:04 PM »
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: fried rice
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 11:33:25 PM »
Fresh Catch poke fried rice with their beef stew. Winnahs!

hvybarrels

Re: fried rice
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 01:31:16 AM »
This reminds me I need more fish sauce.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

QUIETShooter

Re: fried rice
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 06:00:32 AM »
Haven't been to Wahiawa for like ages after living there 22 years in my younger days.  Not sure if it's still there or if same owner or whatever but that  Sunnyside place just past Kilani and Center St. made some good fried rice.

It was made from scratch when you order it from fresh cooked rice.

Ono.  Broke Da Mout.

edited to add:  I wrote this before reading the article.  I know, I should read and think before opening my mout.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

Re: fried rice
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 07:04:56 AM »
 :rofl:
whichever restaurant has the most leftover stuff from the previous day (or week) will have the best fried rice

That's how I make mine
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

Re: fried rice
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 08:14:20 AM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

aieahound

Re: fried rice
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »
Adobo Fried Rice Omelette from Elena’s

drck1000

Re: fried rice
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 09:53:52 AM »
Adobo Fried Rice Omelette from Elena’s
There’s a place near where Pacific Custom Rifles that has awesome adobo fried rice, adobo in general, plus fried chicken.

RSN172

Re: fried rice
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 11:09:25 AM »
Evrybody who wen try say my wife make killa adobo. But me, I no care fo adobo, but giv me som sweet sour pig feet, I whack um.
Happily living in Puna

aieahound

Re: fried rice
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 01:36:43 PM »
Pig’s feet (knuckle) and chicken feet. Whole ‘nother conversation.
Grinds. All about the sauce.
I’m not real big on adobo but adobo pork fried rice is mean.
The Pake’s get ‘um but the Pilipino’s might have one upped ‘em.

Bota-CS1

Re: fried rice
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
discuss

https://www.honolulumagazine.com/we-asked-frolic-foodies-for-their-fave-fried-rice-and-got-35-different-answers/


Side St - hands down.  Parts of this “list” just looks like someone just started writing down random restaurants from Hawaii Magazine.  Eggs N Things?  Bogart’s? Really??  IMO Zippy’s has better froed rice than those two places.  Hell, Panda Express has better fried rice than them.

I bet some may remember Jumbos when they were at their prime.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

aieahound

Re: fried rice
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2022, 05:16:29 PM »
Roast Duck (that’s the actual name of the restaurant) Aiea

If your in the evening, Might be little hard cause that’s all might have left.
Made with their char Siu. Delicious.

Never tried Side Street though.

QUIETShooter

Re: fried rice
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2022, 05:35:34 PM »



I bet some may remember Jumbos when they were at their prime.

I loved their Fried Noodles. ;D
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

astroboy

Re: fried rice
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2022, 09:17:47 AM »
+1 for Elenas and Roast Duck
Big City Diners kim chee fried rice

mrgaf

Re: fried rice
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 08:59:46 PM »
Haven't been to Wahiawa for like ages after living there 22 years in my younger days.  Not sure if it's still there or if same owner or whatever but that  Sunnyside place just past Kilani and Center St. made some good fried rice.

It was made from scratch when you order it from fresh cooked rice.

Ono.  Broke Da Mout.

edited to add:  I wrote this before reading the article.  I know, I should read and think before opening my mout.

Rode past sunnyside yesterday but couldn’t tell if they were still open or not….
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.