HPD Permit to Acquire (Read 1391 times)

changemyoil66

HPD Permit to Acquire
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:08:58 PM »
Was at HPD today and 2 older guys in front of me thanked HPD for being open later on wednesdays.

Guy 1

1 good thing that came about from covid is u guys open later now. Thanks.

Guy 2

Thanks for being open late today. Now i dont have to take off from work. And i can get my permit emailed. Saves me another trip.

Minutes later: wow, i can register online now, thank you.

I almost wanted to bust out and explain why HPD is open. Its not because they wanted to, for those who are unaware. They were served a lawsuit and settled. So HPD was forced to open late and do online registrations/permits.

I was in line and didnt want to lose my spot by explaining to them. Now that i reflect back, i should have.

So if u got friends who are happy about the new system, let them know why. Its because the state settled a lawsuit  by HIFICO. And HPD has no choice.

At least neither officer took credit after the statments of thanks were made. Not even a youre welcome by them.




Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: HPD Permit to Acquire
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »
You could have said, "I'm really glad HPD agreed to settle that lawsuit, so now I can come after work when it's more convenient for me."

Give it a "positive spin!"

 :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

pacwire

Re: HPD Permit to Acquire
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:16:11 PM »
I just wanted to say that I've never had any issues at HPD Firearms Unit!  .  All of them are great people.  You respect them, they respect you!

Aloha!

dogman

Re: HPD Permit to Acquire
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »
I just wanted to say that I've never had any issues at HPD Firearms Unit!  .  All of them are great people.  You respect them, they respect you!

Aloha!
Agree :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: