Military recruitment (Read 1270 times)

groveler

Military recruitment
« on: June 22, 2022, 06:15:39 AM »
I spent over 5 years in the military and most my family had also served in the military
this is happening today

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-military-has-a-serious-recruiting-problem-%e2%80%94-congress-must-fix-it/ar-AAYHZBi?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

No way in hell would I let my grandson serve in the modern "woke" military
run by Democrats.
Fix that problem and you will have a strong military again.
Continue the Democrat sponsored purges of real men and your military will fail.
 :wtf: :wave:

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Military recruitment
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 12:49:50 PM »
Air Force wouldn't be a bad choice.  Not much different than today's woke corporations.  Unless you own your own business or get really lucky, chances are the young people today will wind up in Democrat hell at some point.

At least the Air Force doesn't send the majority of its people to deployed locations for long periods.  Out of over 500 people in my unit, only 3 were sent to Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.  I actually traveled more after I became a contractor than I did on active duty for 9 1/2 years, even though I served 3 x 30-day TDYs in Saudi Arabia.  When I  came to Hawaii as a civilian contractor, I spent nearly half a year cumulatively in South Korea plus regular 3-4 week trips to Japan, Guam, Alaska, Florida, San Diego and Arlington, VA (Pentagon).

I'd avoid Security Police and forward operating jobs.  If you can do that, the military is a great place to grow up, learn leadership skills, get a head start in your career field, and save some money toward education or starting a civilian life when the time comes.  The retirement benefits after 20 years is also a plus, not to mention bonuses to reenlist, volunteer for critically-manned billets, and the chance to work on multi-million-dollar systems that few people under 25 ever get to use.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

Re: Military recruitment
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 04:54:38 PM »
Air Force wouldn't be a bad choice.  Not much different than today's woke corporations.  Unless you own your own business or get really lucky, chances are the young people today will wind up in Democrat hell at some point.

At least the Air Force doesn't send the majority of its people to deployed locations for long periods.  Out of over 500 people in my unit, only 3 were sent to Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.  I actually traveled more after I became a contractor than I did on active duty for 9 1/2 years, even though I served 3 x 30-day TDYs in Saudi Arabia.  When I  came to Hawaii as a civilian contractor, I spent nearly half a year cumulatively in South Korea plus regular 3-4 week trips to Japan, Guam, Alaska, Florida, San Diego and Arlington, VA (Pentagon).

I'd avoid Security Police and forward operating jobs.  If you can do that, the military is a great place to grow up, learn leadership skills, get a head start in your career field, and save some money toward education or starting a civilian life when the time comes.  The retirement benefits after 20 years is also a plus, not to mention bonuses to reenlist, volunteer for critically-manned billets, and the chance to work on multi-million-dollar systems that few people under 25 ever get to use.
You sound like a recruiter.
Everything you say is correct.
in Our day.  Everything you say helped me succeed in life.
Today I'm not so sure.

Full disclosure; some of my best friends were SP's and forward air controllers.
 :thumbsup:

robtmc

Re: Military recruitment
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:29:29 PM »
I doubt I would get past whatever sort of interview or psych evaluation they do these days.

Sort of like them finding out you were homo in the 60's.
My opinions would horrify them, no doubt.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 07:36:16 PM by robtmc »