"I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad (Read 3150 times)

Flapp_Jackson

"I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad
« on: July 05, 2022, 05:23:41 PM »
I realize this is "Pride" week (notice how we no longer need to say "Gay Pride" because it's implied?).

I keep seeing this ad on YT with a young woman complaining about herself:

"Why do I care so much what other people think about me?"

Then some period of time later:

"I think I'm Gay!"

 :wtf: do those things have to do with each other?  I mean, there are probably way more people who care too much what other's opinions of them are, and they are totally straight.

The ad then ends with her asking Alexa who she can talk to about "Gay Stuff".

Alexa replies with a source for "Seared duck."   :rofl: :rofl: 

Final banner is an ad for some therapy group.

Why do I get the feeling in 6 months, "Seared duck" will be mainstream slang for "Gay stuff?"   :geekdanc: :crazy: :rofl:  But, I digress ...

Maybe this hinges on something I posted earlier about many Gays I've met making every facet of their lives somehow related to their sexual preference/orientation.  If you see everything others say only in terms of yourself, it might be a "symptom."

Not saying most people with that symptom are Gay -- just that most Gays (IMO) exhibit that symptom.

Just s stupid commercial.  Now, if she had said, "I remember one year at band camp I ..."  :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Re: "I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »
It's sad that Pride is now implied to Gay.

I miss having Pride week and it had nothing to do with those "things".

Pride week used to imply stuff like Military Pride Week, National Pride Week, and so forth.

Why da hell do we have to put words in front of Pride and those f**kers don't have to.

Bunch of self-indulgent sick pukes.

My opinion of course and as always. :wave:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

Re: "I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 05:50:46 PM »


“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

robtmc

Re: "I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 07:00:43 PM »
I realize this is "Pride" week (notice how we no longer need to say "Gay Pride" because it's implied?).
The correct word is homosexual.

There is nothing "gay" about a mental condition that has so much suicide and drug use associated with it.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: "I Think I'm Gay..." YouTube Ad
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »
The correct word is homosexual.

There is nothing "gay" about a mental condition that has so much suicide and drug use associated with it.

I guess you've never watched Blazing Saddles past the floor show number ...  :geekdanc: :rofl:

"Watch ... me,  ... Fa@@ots!"
-- Dom DeLuise

 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw