Beware of Spammer Scammers Contacting You About Giveaways on Gun YT Channels (Read 938 times)

Flapp_Jackson

I've seen at least 2 gun/2A channels saying they've been hijacked.  Some scammers are using their channel name to inform email and text recipients they've won a prize -- anything from a holster to a firearm.

They also request you send them a Gift Card (BIG HONKING RED FLAG IT'S A SCAM!) to cover the cost of shipping, handling, taxes and whatever else.

Most people still on here aren't this gullible, but sometimes it's good to know so you can tell others.

Now, excuse me.  I just won a new Shotgun from Guns & Gadgets and need to run an errand.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

"calculated risk"...

I've seen at least 2 gun/2A channels saying they've been hijacked.  Some scammers are using their channel name to inform email and text recipients they've won a prize -- anything from a holster to a firearm.

They also request you send them a Gift Card (BIG HONKING RED FLAG IT'S A SCAM!) to cover the cost of shipping, handling, taxes and whatever else.

Most people still on here aren't this gullible, but sometimes it's good to know so you can tell others.

Now, excuse me.  I just won a new Shotgun from Guns & Gadgets and need to run an errand.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

Paypal

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk