Jordan Peterson (Read 4381 times)

passivekinetic

Jordan Peterson
« on: July 09, 2022, 11:26:04 PM »


"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

eyeeatingfish

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 10:29:51 PM »
I am kind of bummed out Musk isn't buying Twitter, that means this type of crap is likely just going to continue to happen.

changemyoil66

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 09:20:56 AM »
I am kind of bummed out Musk isn't buying Twitter, that means this type of crap is likely just going to continue to happen.

4D chess.

oldfart

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 09:26:35 AM »
who is this guy and why should I listen to him for 15 minutes?
What, Me Worry?

Jl808

Jordan Peterson
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »
OF, you have not heard of Jordan Peterson, for real?

If you’re not pulling my leg, here’s a link to a video of when he started trending and being in the spotlight.

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Brystont1

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 10:06:42 AM »
4D chess.

I saw something where the actual bot count will have to come
Up in court if they try to force him to buy Twitter. That’s pretty funny and 4d chess like if true.

passivekinetic

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 01:05:20 PM »
Bot number aside (for all social media, in all countries) I am more interested in WHO CONTROLS THOSE SOFTWARE BOTS?

(As if we will get a real answer).

Anyway back to the topic.

This is Peterson doing the best humanly possible (with respect and professionalism) with a panel of liberals:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 01:12:30 PM by passivekinetic »
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Brystont1

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 01:10:16 PM »
For those that don’t know Jordan Peterson, Go watch his discussion with Cathy Newman. That video along with the Trump election night meltdown video is my go to when I need something to make me happy.

macsak

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 02:32:48 PM »
link?

For those that don’t know Jordan Peterson, Go watch his discussion with Cathy Newman. That video along with the Trump election night meltdown video is my go to when I need something to make me happy.

groveler

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 03:15:46 PM »
Bot number aside (for all social media, in all countries) I am more interested in WHO CONTROLS THOSE SOFTWARE BOTS?

(As if we will get a real answer).

Anyway back to the topic.

This is Peterson doing the best humanly possible (with respect and professionalism) with a panel of liberals:


I watched about all I could.
I know this is what Democrats are like, but what I fail to understand is why a seeming
intelligent man would waste his time talking to them?
I assume he is well paid or hyping a book.
either way he is a prostitute.
 :wacko:

passivekinetic

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
I watched about all I could.
I know this is what Democrats are like, but what I fail to understand is why a seeming
intelligent man would waste his time talking to them?
I assume he is well paid or hyping a book.
either way he is a prostitute.
 :wacko:

He has to go into the trenches to help fight against the wave of insanity consuming America and the world
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

eyeeatingfish

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 10:36:30 PM »
who is this guy and why should I listen to him for 15 minutes?

He is a clinical psychiatrist by trade and is very interested in many areas of psychology (evolutionary, moral, etc). He also is very into philosophy and religions. He is very smart, very articulate, and very knowledgable about the areas he is interested in. He would probably be described as a liberal in many ways but he is a staunch defender of the freedom of speech and rose to fame when he said he would not be forced to play pronoun game.

His speaking style can be a little off putting to some and he goes off on tangents often but I find him fascinating to listen to. I think he really deserves recognition as one of the great thinkers of this century. (Can you tell I am a fan?)

Brystont1

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 12:24:45 AM »
link?



Can’t find the election meltdown video anymore  :'(

passivekinetic

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 08:59:11 AM »
He is a clinical psychiatrist by trade and is very interested in many areas of psychology (evolutionary, moral, etc). He also is very into philosophy and religions. He is very smart, very articulate, and very knowledgable about the areas he is interested in. He would probably be described as a liberal in many ways but he is a staunch defender of the freedom of speech and rose to fame when he said he would not be forced to play pronoun game.

His speaking style can be a little off putting to some and he goes off on tangents often but I find him fascinating to listen to. I think he really deserves recognition as one of the great thinkers of this century. (Can you tell I am a fan?)

No I can't tell you are a fan because you don't seem to understand him at all, and even want to describe him as a liberal.

I think he would puke if he heard that.

Watch this:

"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

groveler

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2022, 09:38:58 AM »
No I can't tell you are a fan because you don't seem to understand him at all, and even want to describe him as a liberal.

I think he would puke if he heard that.

Watch this:


I tend to agree.  One would have to be well read and educated to understand his meaning,
most people would not understand canonical as he uses it.
but I classify him to be more Libertarian, definitely not modern liberal and not conservative.
I think he respects conservatives, but has little respect for the loose cannon liberals with no set of "rules".
 :thumbsup:

eyeeatingfish

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 09:58:21 AM »
No I can't tell you are a fan because you don't seem to understand him at all, and even want to describe him as a liberal.

I think he would puke if he heard that.

Watch this:


Note that I said he could be called a liberal in many ways, not all ways. He has some positions which would be categorized as conservative and other positions which would be categorized as liberal.
For example he supports Canada's universal health care. He also does not refrain from pointing out certain problems he sees within conservative ideology such as the problem with the conservative ideology that just working hard is all you need to get ahead.

Peterson described himself as a classic British liberal too so there is that.

Things are not always black and white, he can maintain beliefs from both sides of the aisle. I point this out because according to many on the left he is some right wing guy which simply isn't accurate either.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:27:39 PM by eyeeatingfish »

passivekinetic

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 07:19:27 PM »



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

passivekinetic

Re: Jordan Peterson
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 10:07:59 PM »
Latest video.

Discusses EVERYTHING pertinent and imminent.

Shocking he isn't already banned from YT like he was Twitter.

"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous