Guessing I'm older than you
22's were $0.50 per fifty.
Gas was $0.23 per gallon.
Then we got the "great society" government.
Carter energy policy.
Obama medical care.
and now Bidget
food policy.
Do y''all get the idea who destroys our society?
No, you don't.

I remember being sent to the filling station for a gallon of gas to run the lawn mower. From my house, it was down the hill to the intersection, turn left, then down to the next intersection of the main 2-lane highway. Left again, and about 1/4 mile to the station. The pumps were run by the employees -- customers not allowed.
I handed the worker my gas can and a quarter. He handed the can back full, and a dime & pennies as change. I think the going rate then was 12 cents/gal. i remember being mind-boggled trying to figure out how anyone pays 9-tenths of a cent!
We also had one TV for the longest time -- black & white -- until long after color was the standard. We kids used to be in awe when my mom took us with her to visit her friends that had a color TV.
We survived on much less because there was much less to "need" then. Every need was basic. No cable, no ISPs, no PCs, no cell/smart phones, no devices to make our lives as easy as they do today.