I happened to click on this "essay" written by somebody who leads a sad life.
The article is about washing meat. But she is so paranoid about it that she doesn't eat food from a pot-luck.
(I just went to a pot-luck yesterday)
Personally, I rinse off my meat before cooking but it's just to get rid of excess blood.
Yes, I do eat dinaguan or loko.... Not paranoid about eating blood.
Must be a slow news day.
https://food52.com/blog/27543-washing-meat-is-cultural-yet-mandatory?utm_source=pocket-newtab========== quote...
"Even though the USDA does not recommend washing raw poultry, beef, lamb, pork or fish because bacteria can spread to other foods, surfaces and utensils,
I can't bear not washing meat. In my family, washing meat is the start to well-prepared food and something my parents, sister, cousins, and so forth do.
To us, it’s a ritual, a mandate.
We care equally about cleaning, eating, and communing.
Because of this, I don’t eat food from potlucks; I can’t vouch for who may or may not have cleaned the meat"
===========.