another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai (Read 2727 times)

ren

another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« on: September 04, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »
https://www.khon2.com/local-news/stabbing-in-hawaii-kai-leaves-man-in-emergency-room/

A man is in the emergency room and in serious condition after he was reportedly stabbed multiple times in Hawaii Kai, according to Honolulu Emergency Medical Services.

The Honolulu Police Department reported an aggravated assault case around 3:52 on Sunday, Sept. 4.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 09:18:32 PM »
straight outta HK...

oldfart

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 09:44:04 PM »
https://www.khon2.com/local-news/stabbing-in-hawaii-kai-leaves-man-in-emergency-room/

A man is in the emergency room and in serious condition after he was reportedly stabbed multiple times in Hawaii Kai, according to Honolulu Emergency Medical Services.

The Honolulu Police Department reported an aggravated assault case around 3:52 on Sunday, Sept. 4.

===============
I am not a journalist, but I did learn something in PUBLIC high school.
When writing a story, you should report the 5 W's. (as best as you can)
who
what
when
where
why

I noticed that the reporter failed to indicate the time.
Was that am or pm? It could make a huge difference in an ongoing investigation.
I also noticed that this is a common problem with many so-called news stories, both local and national.
Good journalism is hard to come by nowadays.
It's more about internet click counts than useful or important information.

---end of rant---
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »
===============
I am not a journalist, but I did learn something in PUBLIC high school.
When writing a story, you should report the 5 W's. (as best as you can)
who
what
when
where
why

I noticed that the reporter failed to indicate the time.
Was that am or pm? It could make a huge difference in an ongoing investigation.
I also noticed that this is a common problem with many so-called news stories, both local and national.
Good journalism is hard to come by nowadays.
It's more about internet click counts than useful or important information.

---end of rant---

I blame parents and TikTok. It's like the McDonalds of media. Worse than the National Enquirer. When you give children a tablet/phone and load Youtube, TikTok, IG etc. as a substitute for 1st grade you're not expecting a Rhodes scholar. You'd be lucky to get a GED out of your child.

Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 03:55:48 AM »
Oahu, you have reached .03% of my goal of 1000% of increased violence. Step it up folks. I
Happily living in Puna

groveler

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 08:41:41 AM »
I blame parents and TikTok. It's like the McDonalds of media. Worse than the National Enquirer. When you give children a tablet/phone and load Youtube, TikTok, IG etc. as a substitute for 1st grade you're not expecting a Rhodes scholar. You'd be lucky to get a GED out of your child.


Those were the scariest words in the world
" I'm going to tell your daddy".
Most bouys from 8 yrs and on can push Mom around,
but Dad you have to wait till you are fourty or so to beat.
I'm speaking emotionally, not physical violence.
 :love:

mrgaf

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 11:18:43 AM »
Ban knives….. >:D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 11:32:24 AM »
Ban knives….. >:D

John Wick killed 2 men with a f**king pencil!

And he didn't even break the pencil.   :thumbsup:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

oldfart

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 11:39:24 AM »
the pencil is mightier than the sword :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

nickelzismoney

Re: another stabbing.... in Hawaii Kai
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 01:27:30 PM »
Again, nice
“No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall… you are never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrel

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein