Alexa? 
Slightly off topic, but a number of appliances/units have control displays that give off quite a bit of light. Amazing how bright they seem in flat dark room. Not enough for context of ID though…
There should be a law against ads using that name! I have my echo dot go off at least twice a week because of something said on TV.
Did you hear about the
Jeopary! snafu? They had a contestant named "Alexa," and every time she buzzed in, the host had to say her name before she could answer.
Of course, the TV would say, "Alexa" in the hosts voice, then she would answer in the form of a question, like "Who is Tom Cruise?" Thousands of viewers' devices were them suddenly telling then all about Tom Cruise!

I put tape of various opacities over the indicator lights on everything electronic in the bedroom. It's a fact that trying to sleep with several bright lights in the room is disrupting to your sleep cycle.
When I travel, I always leave the bathroom light on with the bathroom door slightly open -- just enough light to see around the room but not enough to keep me awake. If I have to get up to go, I have enough light to navigate to the facilities without banging my shin.

I also have nightlights in my bathrooms at home that turn on and off with the day/night.
I think it's smarter to keep the house/hotel room dimly lit rather than making it a challenge to move around with the lamps/ceiling fixtures off.