Tulsi Gabbard Calls Out 'One Of The Dirtiest Tricks' The Federal Government Play (Read 1829 times)

macsak

QUIETShooter

She said "When you have weak people in charge, I can't even call them leaders because they're not......"

I love it.  We do.  We really do.

We have weak people in charge.  And also stupid.  (looking at you joe and kamala.)
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

groveler


Y'all know that if she could overcome her problems with the second Amendment
She'd get elected as president.
I'm not an emotional voter, I'm a retired,  Jaded Mandarin, engineer.
But she could appeal to the "brains full of mush:"

robtmc

Tried sitting through the video, but must have missed just what the trick was that was mentioned?

Flapp_Jackson

Tried sitting through the video, but must have missed just what the trick was that was mentioned?

Time mark 5:00...

"... because we have people in charge of the federal government who are willing to abuse their power
and leverage whatever they need to in order to force their agenda -- their radical agenda -- on us.
And one of the dirtiest tricks they play is, they tell Governors if you don't do what we say, we're not going
to give you money.  Your money.  Your money."

This has been going on forever.  The feds do not have the authority to mandate most of what they'd like to do.  Instead, they incentivize Governors to push their agenda in exchange for funding -- for schools, for roads, for rail projects.  All they have to do to qualify for the money is follow orders.

The cherry on top is they are spending money we don't have to buy cooperation in order to bypass hurdles that exist specifically to limit federal control of the states.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

robtmc

Got it.  I cannot listen to politicians, character flaw I suppose.

hvybarrels

Got it.  I cannot listen to politicians, character flaw I suppose.

Perfectly natural reaction
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Flapp_Jackson

Got it.  I cannot listen to politicians, character flaw I suppose.

To me, she sounds like her speaking voice is naturally more monotonous -- similar to my own.  Her inflections when speaking in public seem less natural. 

I notice her slipping in and out of that monotonous, flat speech pattern.  Makes her little harder to listen to when that happens IMO.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

Time mark 5:00...

"... because we have people in charge of the federal government who are willing to abuse their power
and leverage whatever they need to in order to force their agenda -- their radical agenda -- on us.
And one of the dirtiest tricks they play is, they tell Governors if you don't do what we say, we're not going
to give you money.  Your money.  Your money."

This has been going on forever.  The feds do not have the authority to mandate most of what they'd like to do.  Instead, they incentivize Governors to push their agenda in exchange for funding -- for schools, for roads, for rail projects.  All they have to do to qualify for the money is follow orders.

The cherry on top is they are spending money we don't have to buy cooperation in order to bypass hurdles that exist specifically to limit federal control of the states.
You pretty well nailed it.
My favorite was "I can't drive 55"

aletheuo137

Got it.  I cannot listen to politicians, character flaw I suppose.
BS immunity!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk