Baton case (Read 2766 times)

changemyoil66

Baton case
« on: November 11, 2022, 08:12:00 PM »
By HIFICO director Yukutake vs. Shikada.

The state actually argued that its not enforced, thus making the lawsuit moot. Except in 2019, someone was charged for having a wooden baton.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Baton case
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 10:46:00 PM »
By HIFICO director Yukutake vs. Shikada.

The state actually argued that its not enforced, thus making the lawsuit moot. Except in 2019, someone was charged for having a wooden baton.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Can the state provide us a list of all the laws that aren't enforced?

You know, so we can become "actually-enforced-law-abiding" citizens.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

RSN172

Re: Baton case
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 07:26:27 AM »
I think I might start carrying my Bucheimer slap stick around with me.  Da Ainokea way of thinking getting stronger each day.
Happily living in Puna

Rocky

Re: Baton case
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 07:29:50 AM »
I think I might start carrying my Bucheimer slap stick around with me.  Da Ainokea way of thinking getting stronger each day.
Still classified as
Deadly Weapon" and illegal to possess.
Might as well stick with "option #1"
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

Re: Baton case
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 08:33:31 AM »
Can the state provide us a list of all the laws that aren't enforced?

You know, so we can become "actually-enforced-law-abiding" citizens.
Like a few of their replies in court, they just make a statement and no evidence. Or in a situation like this has the concept of "just because we say it, it has to be true".

Like the registration lawsuit reply. 3 paragraphs of statements with zero citing.

Wait for the sensitive places lawsuit. The state already says they never enforced it at the airport. However in 2018, a lawsuit challenging it as a defendant who was charged by the state was filed in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

Re: Baton case
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 08:55:52 AM »
Is the State of Hawaii, instead of being fair and unbiased, guilty of charging citizens just because the State no like da look of yo face? ;) :D ;D :rofl:

Because it wouldn't surprise me at all........
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

groveler

Re: Baton case
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 05:17:41 PM »
Is the State of Hawaii, instead of being fair and unbiased, guilty of charging citizens just because the State no like da look of yo face? ;) :D ;D :rofl:

Because it wouldn't surprise me at all........
"Is the State of Hawaii, instead of being fair and unbiased, guilty of charging citizens just because the State no like da look of yo face?"
How long you stay here?
You just now figured it out?
You are just "Joshing " us.
 :rofl:

Stack_Xchange

Re: Baton case
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 11:06:34 AM »
I bought a "Zatoichi" style "sword cane" for going hiking, but I was wondering if it counts as a "deadly weapon". I know "sheathed sword-canes" are "deadly weapons", but could I conceivably argue that it is not a "sword in disguise" rather it's a completely legal open-carry-style-sword that has a "wooden sheathe"?

QUIETShooter

Re: Baton case
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 12:17:23 PM »
"Is the State of Hawaii, instead of being fair and unbiased, guilty of charging citizens just because the State no like da look of yo face?"
How long you stay here?
You just now figured it out?
You are just "Joshing " us.
 :rofl:

How long you stay here?  Born here so 66 years :D

You just now figured it out? Heh heh, I've been told I'm quite slow... :D

You are just "Joshing" us.   :DYah.  No.  I dunno.... :rofl:

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

Re: Baton case
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 12:22:54 PM »
I bought a "Zatoichi" style "sword cane" for going hiking, but I was wondering if it counts as a "deadly weapon". I know "sheathed sword-canes" are "deadly weapons", but could I conceivably argue that it is not a "sword in disguise" rather it's a completely legal open-carry-style-sword that has a "wooden sheathe"?

I have a Karate Bo that I cut down to 5 ft.  I use it as a walking stick because I have bad knees.  I dunno what kind wood they used to make this Bo but damn, it feels like an iron rod.

Lot of old futs I see out walking for exercise have "walking sticks" ;).  Good for fending off stray aggressive dogs the four legged kind and the occasional 2 legged mongrel breed.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

Re: Baton case
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 12:25:45 PM »
I bought a "Zatoichi" style "sword cane" for going hiking, but I was wondering if it counts as a "deadly weapon". I know "sheathed sword-canes" are "deadly weapons", but could I conceivably argue that it is not a "sword in disguise" rather it's a completely legal open-carry-style-sword that has a "wooden sheathe"?

HRS134-51 "Sheathed sword-cane and wooden knuckles with shark's teeth were "deadly or dangerous weapons"."

So if HPD comes, un-sheath and you're G2g (joking, don't do that).

Then there's the 1st part: "Any person, not authorized by law, who carries concealed upon the person's self or within any vehicle used "

So if you're carrying it, it's not concealed, thus legal.  Why anyone would conceal a cans sword is beyond me.

changemyoil66

Re: Baton case
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 12:27:34 PM »
I have a Karate Bo that I cut down to 5 ft.  I use it as a walking stick because I have bad knees.  I dunno what kind wood they used to make this Bo but damn, it feels like an iron rod.

Lot of old futs I see out walking for exercise have "walking sticks" ;).  Good for fending off stray aggressive dogs the four legged kind and the occasional 2 legged mongrel breed.

""Other deadly or dangerous weapon" is limited to instruments whose sole design and purpose is to inflict bodily injury or death." HRS134-51 notes.

So it's sole purpose has changed. It's now a walking stick.

Stack_Xchange

Re: Baton case
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 04:28:17 PM »
HRS134-51 "Sheathed sword-cane and wooden knuckles with shark's teeth were "deadly or dangerous weapons"."

So if HPD comes, un-sheath and you're G2g (joking, don't do that).

Then there's the 1st part: "Any person, not authorized by law, who carries concealed upon the person's self or within any vehicle used "

So if you're carrying it, it's not concealed, thus legal.  Why anyone would conceal a cans sword is beyond me.

Funny thing is, there's probably some truth to that. Obviously, I don't mean "drawing" a sword in front of the police, but sticking the "extremely large, single-edged, fixed blade knife" in your waistband sounds a lot more legal than having the same thing in a sheathe making it a "sword cane".

I came up with the idea because I wanted something effective that I could take on hikes. Being in a wooded sheathe, it looks a lot less dangerous to random people I may encounter along the trail. Imagine of they saw a stranger walking towards them with a sword? Also, a sword-cane like Zatoichi's is probably going to be more effective than say, the "snek" one used by Lord Ganja or whatever his name was in Predator 2.

Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:34:33 PM by Stack_Xchange »

hvybarrels

Re: Baton case
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 12:02:05 AM »
Thanks to Democrat rule less than half of murders even make it to court these days, so if someone decides to go Zatoichi on an assailant then as long as the deed it done it’s pretty much a coin toss.

Just a joke of course

Now here’s Joe Biden if he was a cat

“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: Baton case
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 10:10:59 AM »
Thanks to Democrat rule less than half of murders even make it to court these days, so if someone decides to go Zatoichi on an assailant then as long as the deed it done it’s pretty much a coin toss.



I have heard from a bunch of 2a guys that the only thing keeping them from breaking the unconstitutional laws are that they are not felons.  Once they're convicted of any BS unconstitutional law, they will disregard any of these types of laws. So they will CCW regardless of any laws/rules, suppressors, mag limits,  etc...