another State of Hawaii boondoggle is birthed (Read 1090 times)

ren

another State of Hawaii boondoggle is birthed
« on: December 15, 2022, 06:43:10 PM »
brought to us by Gov Green and the Carpenters Union

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/12/16/stadium-authority-seeks-public-support-redevelopment-plan-their-ability-pull-it-off/

Now that Gov. Josh Green has OK’d the redevelopment of Aloha Stadium and the 70 acres around it, Stadium Authority leaders are defending the project and their ability to control costs.

Doubts about whether the project might spiral out of control or lead to hidden costs to taxpayers are what led former Gov. David Ige to try and ditch the developer partnership before leaving office.
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: another State of Hawaii boondoggle is birthed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 07:12:31 PM »
Well he has to pay back the Carpenters Union for their $1M donation to his campaign for governor.   He is a super liberal ass kisser who will bankrupt the state.  No worries though, he can fix that by raising taxes. A 7.5% GET should do it.
Happily living in Puna

robtmc

Re: another State of Hawaii boondoggle is birthed
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »
Well he has to pay back the Carpenters Union for their $1M donation to his campaign for governor. 

I did not GAS about it at the time, but I understand the Rail debacle is all about union payoff as well.

Rocky

Re: another State of Hawaii boondoggle is birthed
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 07:30:35 PM »
ability to control costs?
Just reduce the project size by 40%  with 30,000 seats instead of 50,000 seats :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ie
1,000 rnds 9mm for $400 too much ?
I'll control the cost by selling you 600 rnds for $240  :P
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt