Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols (Read 3184 times)

stangzilla

Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« on: February 01, 2023, 07:58:16 AM »



I've shot the P320 X5 Legion a few times before its a great striker fired pistol, I own the P226 Legion and 365, I've never shot the 210
the outlaw puts the 365 ahead of the 226 Legion, but I would put the 226 Legion ahead of the 365.  overall its a way better pistol. way better trigger, easier to shoot accurately and control recoil, longer sight radius, more comfortable grip, overall its just better.  one draw back is its big, hard to conceal, but thats not really criteria for this comparison
I would also put the P320 X5 Legion ahead of the 365 bc its a better overall pistol
365 is better at ccw, but the others are overall better pistols, IMO

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 12:14:07 PM »
I've shot the P320 X5 Legion a few times before its a great striker fired pistol, I own the P226 Legion and 365, I've never shot the 210
the outlaw puts the 365 ahead of the 226 Legion, but I would put the 226 Legion ahead of the 365.  overall its a way better pistol. way better trigger, easier to shoot accurately and control recoil, longer sight radius, more comfortable grip, overall its just better.  one draw back is its big, hard to conceal, but thats not really criteria for this comparison
I would also put the P320 X5 Legion ahead of the 365 bc its a better overall pistol
365 is better at ccw, but the others are overall better pistols, IMO

Opinons will vary.

Not saying you're wrong, just that the factors you used to downgrade the P365 are not the same ones the outlaw used to justify his ranking of it.

He was talking about popularity, all the variants, how the lighter polymer frame and size make it more concealable, the revolutionary design that fits 10-17 9mm rounds in a micro pistol frame using a double-stack magazine that retains the pistol's narrow width, etc.  it was the #1 selling pistol in recent years, so obviously he's not alone in his opinion.

I've yet to fire that pistol of any variety, but I have compared my P320 and P226.  I liken the P320 to a cross between the P226 and a Glock 17 or 19, using the best of both designs and materials.  From the reviews, I would say a P365 is the next generation of P320 for CCW.

Just my 2 cents.

YMMV
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 12:50:06 PM »
I think SIG is like the Muscle Tech of the gun world.  There are so many options that it makes it difficult to choose, especially for new shooters.

In the gym industry, Muscle Tech has so many products and so many of the same products with slight tweeks.

That being said, I do like Mrs. CMO's P365XL and can see the P365X for myself.  Well that's if they don't come out with a Legion version or what ever down the road like how they are doing now for other models.  And I shot a friends P320 something and I was able to stack rounds on each other at 5 yards.

Compare this to even Glock. They have lots of diff Glocks, but a G17is bascially a G17. They have no Legion, compact, spectre, etc...If you want a smaller Glock, then it's an entire diff model (G43).  And even though G17's are on GEN 5 now, it would be near impossible to buy a GEN 1 or 2 as regular inventory.  So it comes down to just when you decide to purchase a G17 is what's available.

stangzilla

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 01:17:42 PM »
don't get me wrong, I appreciate the P365 and it's ability to conceal carry with similar capacity to a full size gun.  It's one of my pistols that I qualified with for license to carry, along with my G19
I did not choose any of my larger pistols that i can shoot better and which i feel overall are better pistols, but i chose these 2 bc they are small enough to conceal, the G19 I can shoot pretty well bc I've had it for a while,  also the P365 I shot almost as well as the G19, only 2 points difference between the 2 on the proficiency test.  these 2 are the best for conceal carry out of what I have right now, maybe also the Hellcat
I would have chose the Hellcat instead of the P365, but the P365 I have 2 slides.  1 with a holosun green dot, and 1 with just the iron sights.  so if i need to pocket carry, i can quickly change out the slide to just iron sights and it fits nicely in my pocket
we all got our own opinions. nothing wrong with that  :shaka:

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 03:55:20 PM »
don't get me wrong, I appreciate the P365 and it's ability to conceal carry with similar capacity to a full size gun.  It's one of my pistols that I qualified with for license to carry, along with my G19
I did not choose any of my larger pistols that i can shoot better and which i feel overall are better pistols, but i chose these 2 bc they are small enough to conceal, the G19 I can shoot pretty well bc I've had it for a while,  also the P365 I shot almost as well as the G19, only 2 points difference between the 2 on the proficiency test.  these 2 are the best for conceal carry out of what I have right now, maybe also the Hellcat
I would have chose the Hellcat instead of the P365, but the P365 I have 2 slides.  1 with a holosun green dot, and 1 with just the iron sights.  so if i need to pocket carry, i can quickly change out the slide to just iron sights and it fits nicely in my pocket
we all got our own opinions. nothing wrong with that  :shaka:

Agree.

Most of these Top X Lists need to avoid rank-ordering their choices.  I think it's sufficient to identify the ones that made the cut.  Getting any more granular causes friction when others don't agree with the criteria chosen for the comparisons.

i'm okay with being given a list.  Then if I need to narrow it down for my purchase choice, that research should be left to me.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Sodie

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 04:21:05 PM »
Agree.

Most of these Top X Lists need to avoid rank-ordering their choices.  I think it's sufficient to identify the ones that made the cut.  Getting any more granular causes friction when others don't agree with the criteria chosen for the comparisons.

i'm okay with being given a list.  Then if I need to narrow it down for my purchase choice, that research should be left to me.

Agreed.  The “which one is best” question is pretty meaningless… “Best” for what? P365 is better for concealed carry, while the P320 X-Five Legion is better for USPSA competition.  Literally purpose-built for different purposes.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 04:59:20 PM »
Agreed.  The “which one is best” question is pretty meaningless… “Best” for what? P365 is better for concealed carry, while the P320 X-Five Legion is better for USPSA competition.  Literally purpose-built for different purposes.

Mac <> PC
.45ACP <> 9mm
Chevy <> Ford
Star Wars <> Star Trek
HK <> All other brands

The list of preferences never ends, nor do the debates.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

stangzilla

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 05:13:50 PM »
Mustang > Camaro  :shaka:

Sodie

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 05:25:21 PM »
Mac <> PC
.45ACP <> 9mm
Chevy <> Ford
Star Wars <> Star Trek
HK <> All other brands

The list of preferences never ends, nor do the debates.

Now, THOSE questions have objectively factually correct answers…
Mac
9mm
Ford
Star Wars
All other brands  :rofl:

macsak

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 05:30:29 PM »
all correct
except for





HK...

Now, THOSE questions have objectively factually correct answers…
Mac
9mm
Ford
Star Wars
All other brands  :rofl:

macsak

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 02:33:25 PM »
"just get good with the gun that you have..."

drck1000

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:27 AM »
"just get good with the gun that you have..."

A wise man/instructor told me that a while back.  I had started trying this pistol, or that pistol in class.  All good and part of typical progression.  I have come back to focusing on one platform.  I will still dable with others, but sticking with Glock for now.  I have so much support stuff, tough to move.  Walther PDP has been tempting. 

changemyoil66

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 10:03:06 AM »
A wise man/instructor told me that a while back.  I had started trying this pistol, or that pistol in class.  All good and part of typical progression.  I have come back to focusing on one platform.  I will still dable with others, but sticking with Glock for now.  I have so much support stuff, tough to move.  Walther PDP has been tempting.

Which PDP?

drck1000

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 10:06:29 AM »
Which PDP?
One of each…

Nah, shot the 4.5 a couple times. Liking it, but lots of stuff to get to “gear up”  :(

macsak

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 10:07:43 AM »
A wise man/instructor told me that a while back.  I had started trying this pistol, or that pistol in class.  All good and part of typical progression.  I have come back to focusing on one platform.  I will still dable with others, but sticking with Glock for now.  I have so much support stuff, tough to move.  Walther PDP has been tempting.

stangzilla

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 05:51:34 PM »
A wise man/instructor told me that a while back.  I had started trying this pistol, or that pistol in class.  All good and part of typical progression.  I have come back to focusing on one platform.  I will still dable with others, but sticking with Glock for now.  I have so much support stuff, tough to move.  Walther PDP has been tempting.

Can't go wrong with Glock. That's my go-to too
They are reliable, dependable, proven over time, and have a butt-load of accessories that are compatible
There are many great choices out there, and Glock is one of them

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 08:25:11 PM »
Can't go wrong with Glock. That's my go-to too
They are reliable, dependable, proven over time, and have a butt-load of accessories that are compatible
There are many great choices out there, and Glock is one of them

I'd add to your comment that the Glock is so commonly used, it's one of those brands that you simply need to be familiar with to have any credibility.

It's like knowing your computer inside and out, but you don't know how to use an app on your phone.

I think you should at least go shooting with a Glock owner and help him clean it, just for the experience.  Remembering to pull the trigger before removing the slide trips up a LOT of people.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Rocky

Re: Top 5 Sig Sauer Pistols
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 03:34:37 PM »
Agreed.  The “which one is best” question is pretty meaningless… “Best” for what? P365 is better for concealed carry, while the P320 X-Five Legion is better for USPSA competition.  Literally purpose-built for different purposes.
Agreed.
The "Best" is what you shoot best with for that purpose.  :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt