Don't be dissn' them utube videos.
From scanning the firearms section here, they are the source of all firearms knowledge for some.
Nothing wrong with having a popular source for gun information if the sources are good quality and reliable. I learned a boat-load of good info from YT videos when i started shooting again. You still have to weed out the bad ones, but that's true of any source.
You'll notice there are a few channels that get linked way more than others, mainly because they have the most reliable and informative content.
YouTube offers much better content than other platforms in terms of production, content quality and entertainment. Many of the videos include links to other sources which helps fill in the gaps they didn't have time to include in the videos.
All in all, I spend way more time on YT now than i ever did on FB or Twitter. Since I don't watch network TV much after canceling cable many years ago, this is my "fix" to feed that addiction.
I haven't paid to remove the ads yet, but if I start increasing how much I watch, I'll be leaning toward that option. The ads are getting really annoying. The number of >10 second ads has been increasing a lot. Also, the option to "Skip" an ad has been removed on many more ads than before.