Washington State: where being a registered sex offender is "personal business" (Read 1186 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Quote
A Washington official blew up at a fellow board member, who objected to a sex offender joining their committee,
saying she was “glad” the convicted pedophile was nominated for the role. Shanee Colston, the co-chair for the
King County Regional Homelessness Authority Continuum of Care Advisory Committee, presided over a Zoom
call on May 3 where the group voted to approve prospective board members, including
38-year-old Thomas Whitaker-Raven Crowfoot.

https://www.tiktok.com/@trifoliumgirl/video/7234866246267850030


In response to the screaming bully in the video, I don't think the issue was about who deserves housing. 
It was about who should be appointed to the homeless advisory committee.

 :wtf:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 02:59:03 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

https://www.tiktok.com/@trifoliumgirl/video/7234866246267850030


In response to the screaming bully in the video, I don't think the issue was about who deserves housing. 
It was about who should be appointed to the homeless advisory committee.

 :wtf:


I'm once again a WA state legal resident, registered to vote.
I'll get my state ID and renew my Business license this summer.
I worked in the Seattle area for over twenty years.
I have a BS degree from a Seattle university.
I still have business accounts with Seattle businesses.

Only a fuking idiot lives in Seattle.
Kind of like Honolulu.


changemyoil66

Since they're glad, wonder if a pedo can also buy a gun?  Same same right?

Flapp_Jackson

Since they're glad, wonder if a pedo can also buy a gun?  Same same right?

Equity!!
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

She didn't even stop to think about how her logic failed. Even if we accept her premise everyone needs housing it doesn't mean everyone can be on the board.

I wish the lady who brought it up stood up to this lady a little harder though! Maybe making the video public is enough push back though?