Economy seating on Airlines (Read 2454 times)

QUIETShooter

Economy seating on Airlines
« on: July 19, 2023, 06:17:52 AM »
Every once in a while I see some articles about passengers reclining their seats and causing discomfort to the passenger behind them.  Then when asked to put the seat up they refuse.

Just curious as to what you members feel about this issue.  I feel that the airlines should not feature this in economy seating.  Not if they will minimize the amount of space between the knees and the back of the seat in front of you.

Then there is that other issue where the person is complaining because the two people on either side of them are too big and need to buy 2 seats.  They say they paid for their seats and people are encroaching upon that space.

I think everyone demanding low air fares are the reason the airlines are smashing people into the air planes.  The competition between airlines forces each airline to see who can offer the lowest prices and this means if they can add a couple dozen more seats they will.

If they can't then they start cutting services, snacks, drinks, and food.

Is there any solution(s) in sight?  We're at the point where arguments and fights are happening.

For me I always look into 1st class or those extra comfort options that of course cost more.

But I really think they should do away with reclining seats in economy class.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

zippz

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 07:26:59 AM »
I recline my seat.  Another way to see it is tall people would rather save money at the expense of their neighbors comfort.

Air travel is still way cheaper now than it used to be and I don't see it changing.  If you want a cheap seat go economy.  If you want more space get a upgraded seat.

Bigger problem is the seat widths have shrunk over time and you can't get around that unless you buy a first class ticket at 200% to 400% of the economy price

astroboy

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 07:36:25 AM »
Airline seats are shrinking while Americans are getting bigger.

ren

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 07:52:07 AM »
AMericans are getting bigger. We have bigger vehicles compared to the Asian and Euro markets. Consumer nation!
Deeds Not Words

Antithesis

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 11:32:53 AM »
The chair has the ability to recline. Therefore I can and will use the chair's ability to recline, if I am so inclined.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

hvybarrels

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »
AMericans are getting bigger. We have bigger vehicles compared to the Asian and Euro markets. Consumer nation!


You should see what’s happening to surfboards
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: Economy seating on Airlines
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 12:58:38 PM »
Recline em.  If it wasn't allowed, then the ability to do so shouldn't be there. I have never had anyone complain.

Once though I rode in a tight seat and told the guy  next to me I'm not going to try all flight to not rub arms. So he chose to watch his arm and not touch mine as I had the arm rest.

Luckily, I have never sat next to a fat person, but I would follow the same rules. We rubbing, if you don't like it, you can leave.

There's vids of the World Strongest Man on a plane. Fricken hilarious



2:16.