‘We need to get people to stop lying’ (Read 1450 times)

ren

‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« on: July 24, 2023, 08:24:23 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/07/25/city-council-consider-bill-penalizing-monster-homes-developers-who-lie-about-plans/

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu City Council is considering a bill that would penalize developers of ‘monster homes’ who falsify building plans.

The bill passed its first reading earlier this month.

The measure comes as the Building Board of Appeals hears a case regarding an alleged monster home on Sierra Drive in Kaimuki.

DPP revoked the development’s permit after it said the developer provided incorrect information on the permit application.

The decision is now being appealed.

City Councilmember Tyler Dos Santos-Tam introduced Bill 44 to stop monster home developers from lying.

“We need to get people to stop lying to our inspectors and have a penalty if they do,” said Dos Santos Tam.

“We also want to listen to the community, especially those affected by the monster home issue, as well as short-term vacation rentals, the illegal ones, to see what kind of input they have.”

Tam says as the bill progresses, it will be more specific to DPP inspectors and other city employees with a specific investigatory function
.


Can we hold Tam accountable for that part?
Deeds Not Words

groveler

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 10:26:21 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/07/25/city-council-consider-bill-penalizing-monster-homes-developers-who-lie-about-plans/

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu City Council is considering a bill that would penalize developers of ‘monster homes’ who falsify building plans.

The bill passed its first reading earlier this month.

The measure comes as the Building Board of Appeals hears a case regarding an alleged monster home on Sierra Drive in Kaimuki.

DPP revoked the development’s permit after it said the developer provided incorrect information on the permit application.

The decision is now being appealed.

City Councilmember Tyler Dos Santos-Tam introduced Bill 44 to stop monster home developers from lying.

“We need to get people to stop lying to our inspectors and have a penalty if they do,” said Dos Santos Tam.

“We also want to listen to the community, especially those affected by the monster home issue, as well as short-term vacation rentals, the illegal ones, to see what kind of input they have.”

Tam says as the bill progresses, it will be more specific to DPP inspectors and other city employees with a specific investigatory function
.


Can we hold Tam accountable for that part?
I'm an engineer by profession and I do not lie.
My shit does not work people die or incur significant costs.
Besides it is against my religion and and I am not good at lying.
Kind of like the Honolulu Cho Cho if the real costs were presented
up front you would have never done it. Mainly because it was crap to start with.
I sat in on TMT design reviews and laughed at the estimates.
They were about 25% of what the true cost would be.

To this day I'm ashamed of a project pitch, that I took one of the voting engineerss aside
and said it will cost this much, but what should I pitch to get it approved?
He gave me a price, it was millions.
It was something that had to be done. so I underestimated at the review.
Project was approved and cost overruns were also subsequentuly  approved.
It had to be done correctly.
While I worked at Boeing our airplanes did not crash due to our engineering.

The problem is, we have too much lying and are too used to it.
It is expected from Politicians, and their supporters.

I have an example;
if you walked into a McDonald's and saw the price of a big mac
and also the net profit for that sale, truthfully would you be inclined to rip that restaurant off?
Most normal people would not. Everybody has a right to earn a living and get "rich".
These days that information is readily available if owners were more "open".
 :geekdanc:
I don't eat McDonald's or any fast food as a rule unless I;m on a road trip on the mainland
 >:D.
 



aletheuo137

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 07:14:56 AM »


Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 07:42:44 AM »
Politicians:  "We need to get people to stop lying."

Law-abiding tax paying citizens:  "You go first....."
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 10:26:21 AM »
The breakdown of institutions and pathological lying is typical late-stage civilization stuff, but now we have gone pedal to the metal.

It’s one of the reasons I still think RFK has a good shot at running away with the Democratic nomination. He’s calling it out and naming the consequences (aka totalitarianism)
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 12:56:26 PM »
This is the bill i posted about the 1A. The medias opening statement is a lie. This bill applies to ALL c&c papers and when u talk to employees.

Waters and Tam who introduced the bill says its as a result of building permits.

Tam also introduced the sensitive places bill. I dont trust him or waters.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 03:03:32 PM »
What are the building inspectors getting paid for?  Aren't they supposed to physically follow up on the development of the building during it's various phases?

They would be able to tell if the developer is deviating from the approved plan.

All this is bullsh*t to me.  These political asshats are talking about lying.  They should look in the goddam mirror.

And while I'm at this venting stage I'm getting sick of seeing that Tam guy all the time on the news.  Is this puke getting groomed for the new banana republik dictator for the demoRATic party?
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

Re: ‘We need to get people to stop lying’
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 05:43:43 PM »
This is the bill i posted about the 1A. The medias opening statement is a lie. This bill applies to ALL c&c papers and when u talk to employees.

Waters and Tam who introduced the bill says its as a result of building permits.

Tam also introduced the sensitive places bill. I dont trust him or waters.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk


Oops I missed that part.

Too busy laughing about the government demanding that people stop lying to them

Um… you government guys set the standard here
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn