it looks like a camaro... (Read 1454 times)

macsak

it looks like a camaro...
« on: August 03, 2023, 01:58:36 PM »

stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 12:43:22 PM »
looks like Camaro, only 10 times better!!!   :shaka:

If I was in the market for a new Mustang, instead of paying extra for the Dark Horse, I would get the regular GT and throw a Whipple SC on it
then watch the Camaro and the Dark horse in my rear view mirror   ;)

stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 02:55:56 PM »
in 2003-2004 all other muscle cars had to take a back seat the Cobra aka Terminator!
20 years later and this model Mustang still is one of the greatest Mustangs of all time
forged internals, factory Eaton supercharger which is easily upgradable to a Whipple, Kenne Bell, Viortech, Procharger, etc to make huge power, T56 magnum transmission.  this thing could handle a beating
had the same interior as the GT basically. it wasn't made for luxury, but it was made to drive and put the fear of God in all other American Muscle cars
one of the Mustangs I wish I could have


stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 03:11:05 PM »


stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 05:17:11 PM »
price tag for the Dark is about $60k
add Hawaii dealer markup which I imagine to not be cheap.  pretty expensive Mustang.  the GT500 they mark up about 20k

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-gets-price-increase-already-.html#:~:text=Last%20month%20we%20finally%20got,listed%20at%20%2457%2C970%20to%20start.

the 2024 Mustang GT starts at $42k and up to 47k for the premium with all the options: leather seats, stereo, etc
I would guess by the time the Dark Horse gets to Hawaii and the markup it'll be well over 15k more than the premium GT
you could put that 15k into a SC, exhaust system, suspension, rims/tires and have a way faster and better performing and better sounding Mustang with over 200 more HP than the Dark Horse
So you gotta ask yourself 1 question:  do I want to go fast?  or do I want the more stylish looking Mustang that is more rare?
for me the answer is easy.......I want to go fast!  >:D
but to each his own. everyone has their own taste. and that's why they make different editions of cars
good to see Ford going all out with the Mustang bc by 2030 they won't have a gas engine any more.  hopefully they'll still have gas in their specialty models, but we'll see

stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 05:45:50 PM »
the GT3 and GT4 based on the Dark Horse
the GT3 will racing in 2024 in such races like IMSA and others


ren

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 07:59:53 PM »
it's a Ford  :(
Deeds Not Words

stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 12:36:55 AM »

stangzilla

Re: it looks like a camaro...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 01:48:55 AM »
Mustang powah 💪