new Garmin Chronograph (Read 23127 times)

ren

new Garmin Chronograph
« on: October 19, 2023, 07:41:23 AM »
Deeds Not Words

powder monkey

Brystont1

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 08:46:51 AM »
Damn that is nice. Christmas present to myself.

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 11:52:07 AM »
sold out in hours
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 12:00:29 PM »
This reminds me to get rid of my old Tepeco time meter.
What, Me Worry?

macsak

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 12:22:30 PM »
i own no chronos...

oldfart

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 01:06:47 PM »
i own no chronos...
....
Sooo...the question begs to be asked....
What DO you own? Hmmmm?
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 09:55:55 AM »
shipping niao
Deeds Not Words

dogman

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 10:21:45 AM »
Midway won't ship to Hawaii.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 11:17:04 AM »
Midway won't ship to Hawaii.

It's broader than just Hawaii.

The site says the item is DOT Restricted and must be shipped via ground only -- no air transportation allowed.

I'm sure it's another Lithium battery issue. This has a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that is non-replaceable.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

BRU

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 01:42:44 PM »
I ordered through a company called Offbase Supply. They’re out of stock now though.

808Hunta

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 04:49:48 PM »
I buy lithium batteries from garmin for years now. At one point I was repairing so many dog tracking collars I was ordering weekly. I just bought a few extra batteries for my garmin handhelds and collars recently. No issues, hopefully that's the case for the Xero I ordered 5. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will have to wait and see what happens

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 06:07:52 PM »
I buy lithium batteries from garmin for years now. At one point I was repairing so many dog tracking collars I was ordering weekly. I just bought a few extra batteries for my garmin handhelds and collars recently. No issues, hopefully that's the case for the Xero I ordered 5. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will have to wait and see what happens

In my experience, it depends on how paranoid and compliant the seller is. 

I had a hard time finding batteries and Ballistol on Amazon, but eventually located sellers  either  there or on eBay who don't seem to know about/care about my location.

Hit or miss.  Just have to keep trying.  The last batteries I ordered were all from eBay sellers.  Old iPods, relatively new Samsung Galaxy phones, etc.  No issues, and the batteries work fine.  For larger batteries, I wind up just going to Battery Bills in Mapunapuna.  They can usually recommend better performance replacements for about what the lesser one costs with shipping -- if I could actually order it myself.

Part of the price of paradise I guess.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

808Hunta

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2023, 10:14:59 PM »
In my experience, it depends on how paranoid and compliant the seller is. 

I had a hard time finding batteries and Ballistol on Amazon, but eventually located sellers  either  there or on eBay who don't seem to know about/care about my location.

Hit or miss.  Just have to keep trying.  The last batteries I ordered were all from eBay sellers.  Old iPods, relatively new Samsung Galaxy phones, etc.  No issues, and the batteries work fine.  For larger batteries, I wind up just going to Battery Bills in Mapunapuna.  They can usually recommend better performance replacements for about what the lesser one costs with shipping -- if I could actually order it myself.

Part of the price of paradise I guess.

Yup I agree, definitely part of living in paradise for sure. I did the same as you mentioned and looked for dealers who would send it here. Then l eventually went straight to garmin and they never questioned it. Hopefully, I get my chronos I can figure out getting batteries later lol

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2023, 11:01:05 PM »
Yup I agree, definitely part of living in paradise for sure. I did the same as you mentioned and looked for dealers who would send it here. Then l eventually went straight to garmin and they never questioned it. Hopefully, I get my chronos I can figure out getting batteries later lol

The Xero spec sheet says its battery is non-replaceable, so I think you might want to rethink your strategy. 

 :wave:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

808Hunta

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2023, 12:03:07 AM »
Yes I know that's what they say lol thats why l buy more than one. I've been working on garmins for almost 20 yrs now. I have friends who already have a few of them. Some are tinkerer's like me and already taken them apart to check on replacing the battery. I'll leave it at that

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2023, 11:18:02 AM »
Yes I know that's what they say lol thats why l buy more than one. I've been working on garmins for almost 20 yrs now. I have friends who already have a few of them. Some are tinkerer's like me and already taken them apart to check on replacing the battery. I'll leave it at that

I was thinking more on the shipper's end, where they may not have the option of removing the battery before shipping.

 :shaka:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

808Hunta

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2023, 04:17:13 PM »
Understood bradda flapp, what I was told by garmin and multiple airlines it could totally be wrong lol. They said if it's enclosed like installed in my dog tracking collars, handheld then its OK. If it's just the battery or batteries like in a battery pack then it's not ok. So, that's why I am hopeful my chronographs will make it 🤞🤞

Maybe lol have to wait n see

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2023, 04:34:05 PM »
Understood bradda flapp, what I was told by garmin and multiple airlines it could totally be wrong lol. They said if it's enclosed like installed in my dog tracking collars, handheld then its OK. If it's just the battery or batteries like in a battery pack then it's not ok. So, that's why I am hopeful my chronographs will make it 🤞🤞

Maybe lol have to wait n see

Yeah, supposedly if the batteries are in a device and not packaged separately, it's supposed to be good for shipping by air.  Unfortunately, the rules have so many if-then-else conditions, it's just easier to say "no" instead.

This interactive PDF has 47 pages and is supposed to guide you through all the questions that need answering before determining if the batteries can ship.  Just click the answers, and it takes you to the next relevant question.

 :wacko:

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/2023-Interactive-Guide-to-Shipping-Lithium-Batteries.pdf
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

808Hunta

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2023, 01:52:30 PM »
Got word back that shipping to Hawaii no problem. 👍