forget CCW I want "enhanced security"! (Read 1336 times)

ren

forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« on: December 08, 2023, 08:22:50 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/12/09/maui-mayors-enhanced-security-detail-could-be-paid-using-federal-wildfire-fund/

Maui Mayor Richard Bissen was provided extra security in the weeks after the wildfire, but not from his own jurisdiction.

The Maui Police Department was never asked by the county. Instead, state investigators were flown in from Oahu to protect him.

The six-week detail started on August 23, as Bissen was taking heavy criticism for the county’s response to the August 8 wildfires.

The four investigators, two from the Attorney General’s Office and two from the Public Safety Department, were “stationed at the mayor’s office and also accompanied him to public events,” said a county spokesperson in a statement to HNN Investigates.

The estimated cost for overtime and travel expenses for the detail is $110,000, though PSD said they were still tallying the bill.

A spokesperson for PSD said the deployment was the result of “a verbal request from the Maui Mayor’s office”.

But the Maui County spokesperson contradicted that in a statement that said, the detail was “offered and extended by the state to the Mayor”.

Nothing was done in writing, according to both agencies.
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 12:50:46 AM »
Plenty stoopid to go around in this story...
#1
Finger pointing.
State says Maui asked for security.
Maui says they did not ask for security.
What is the truth? hmmm?
#2
Then what about women or men who are verbally threatened?
Will the state send armed guards to anyone who is threatened?
"Sauce for the goose..."
#3
Reimbursement from the fed.
My federal tax dollars being used to babysit a politician instead of helping people recover from that fire.




What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 06:31:17 AM »
The sewer overfloweth.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Rocky

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:41:20 AM »
kinda tells ya something when our elected politicians require protection from their constituents.  :wacko:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 09:51:51 AM »
kinda tells ya something when our elected politicians require protection from their constituents.  :wacko:

2A tells us we need protection from our elected politicians, too.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

hvybarrels

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 01:02:42 PM »
I’m surprised Maui folks are still going to let him finish his term without a recall effort. If they want to send a message the time is now.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

mrgaf

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 04:43:14 PM »
Ahhhhh yes….
The banana republik is hard at work as usual…..dumb ass politicos in a dumb friggin place.  >:D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

groveler

Re: forget CCW I want "enhanced security"!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 05:25:24 PM »
Ahhhhh yes….
The banana republik is hard at work as usual…..dumb ass politicos in a dumb friggin place.  >:D
"The banana republik is hard at work as usual"
I'm walking on egg shells here but Hawaii isn't a banana republic.
It voluntarily chooses to live  this lifestyle.
Ones who vote in the majority are arrogant and the ones that don't vote are stupid.
Kind of like most all other "blue" states.
Pockets of large populations of irrational people living in very cramped areas ruling over
large areas of way fewer, but much more rational people.
Hawaii is more like a Zoo.  Where the world comes to gawk at the animals in their wondrous
environment and then leaves.  Only the few zoo keepers have the keys, food, water,  the
control of where you stay, and how well you are treated.
 :shaka: