Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars (Read 3168 times)

zippz

Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« on: February 26, 2024, 02:16:26 PM »
In this article by our favorite Marvin the Veteran, he states we are liars.  Or his exact words "I say: false, deceptive, reprehensible."
He goes.on that hunters don't use AR type rifles because it's too powerful with bullets ricocheting and tumbling inside destroying the meat.  He also call us paid mainland shills of the NRA.  That we have mainland people testifying as locals and make people lie that they hunt.

I can't let that slide because it insults me and worst of all, the hard working people protecting the 2A and hunting traditions in Hawaii.  I started HIFICO because the NRA was ineffective and didn't take my offer to help them.  I put thousands of hours into it along with tens of thousands of my own hard earned money not to mention sacrifices I made to do it.  I appreciate all of the people and orgs that I've met along the way and followed me on this road and I can't let this slander them.

HIFICOs philosophy is for grassroots locals (and our mainland guests here) to fight for our rights through dedication and teamwork.  We work with other groups but are not affiliated with anyone.   We never used templated testimony because we want people to use their own thoughts and own words and to be educated on the subject.

I can't put in words how insulted I am.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2024/02/gun-lobbyists-like-the-nra-are-lying-to-hawaii-lawmakers

Begle1

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 03:00:28 PM »
This guy never saw a Bloomberg talking point he didn't love.

It's hard to say how much I hate the "CLOSE THE LOOPHOLE" expression they repeat constantly. Having a barrel over 16", being recognized as a rifle under federal law, is not a "loophole". The "assault pistol" law we do have was written in such a way to exclude firearms impractical for criminal use, like target pistols; changing the "characteristics limit" from 2 to 1 like SB3196 wants to doesn't "close a loophole", it takes language clearly intended to keep certain weapons legal and turns it on its head to make those same weapons, which nobody would refer to as "assault weapons" with a straight face, illegal.

And if they're "weapons of war that have no purpose on our streets", why do cops drive around with them?

.223 rounds are just over the legal minimum threshold of 1200 FPE for use on deer because of questionable lethality with imperfect shot placement. Larger rounds kill more quickly, but waste more meat. A 22lr through the ear wastes no meat at all, but is illegal due to ethical concerns.

Would anybody claim that a 223 round in a given location is going to ruin more meat than a 30-06 or 308 in the same location?


Now if any hunters read this, please confirm or deny...
Would be be inaccurate to say that plenty of hunters take advantage of semiautos for quick follow-up shots, as this is more ethical? If the animal is staggered on the first round, a quick second round can kill the animal before it hobbles away. This lessens suffering and also reduces the need for tracking, and in Hawaii, if an injured animal moves across a property boundary then the animal may not be legally recoverable.
Would it be inaccurate to say that it's not uncommon to use a semiauto to shoot multiple pigs or deer? And the professional hunters the county hires, or the ranchers that kill herds of deer en masse, they're certainly using semiautos, correct?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 03:46:36 PM by Begle1 »

Jl808

Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 03:24:52 PM »
It’s like the reverse uno card in play.

“I’m the liar?  You’re the liar!”
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

changemyoil66

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 03:30:42 PM »
It’s like the reverse uno card in play.

“I’m the liar?  You’re the liar!”

Marvin also lied in the PBS interview. Said most of the illegal guns in Chiraq come from neighboring states with weak gun laws. 56% comes from IL, 19% which was the next highest comes from Michigan.

I wasn't on the PBS panel to call him out on it.

QUIETShooter

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 04:05:55 PM »
This Marvin guy mentioned in the article about why can't a hunter kill a pig with a .243 bolt action rifle.  The Hunter can, but also knows how dangerous wounded pigs can be.

If a wounded pig turns and charges you, would you rather have a bolt action rifle or a semi-auto rifle?

While bolt action rifles offer the true sporting virtues of hunting, it is prudent to have a partner or guide with a rifle that can quickly chamber subsequent rounds for back-up.  Especially in hunting areas with bears or pigs with aggressive boars.  If not a semi-auto a lever gun is usually along for the trip.

This Marvin guy is full of shiite.

And another question for this Marvin guy.  If SB3196 becomes a reality, will you stop there?  Or will you go for the hunter's .243 bolt action rifle next?

I'm pretty sure all of us in the 2a community knows the answer to that.  Which makes you Marvin, the  true Liar.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 05:37:59 PM »
CEO of propaganda for sale
https://www.marvinstrategies.com/what-we-do
one of his "clients"
"Crooked Media" - explains it!
https://crooked.com/podcasts/?filter=news%20and%20politics#

The NRA was founded by National Guardsmen so his claim of: "Previously, Chris founded the Got Your 6 campaign to advocate for accurate portrayals of military veterans in film, television, and popular media. " is hypocritical. An Army officer? Oh yeah a pilot.
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 06:12:54 PM »
I saw that civil beat article earlier today.
That guy is nothing more than an advertising agency.
He sees his advertising campaign failing, so he has to try and salvage it whatever way he can.

Zip is right to feel insulted. So am I.
You will notice that there is nobody on this forum that represents the NRA. Nobody published form letters here to copy and paste. (As far as I know)

Marvin swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. Therefore he is clearly a liar.
What, Me Worry?

zippz

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 06:26:08 PM »
The thing is, the NRA was ineffective and ignoring Hawaii so I first tried volunteering to help NRA & HRA and got ignored.  So I started HIFICO.

randay

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 07:15:18 PM »
obviously hes never hunted axis deer. theres herds of hundreds of animals. the devastation goes from the mountain to the ocean. as well as the mass die offs of axis deer during drought conditions. hunting with semi-automatic rifles in those places should practically be a requirement. A guy I hunt with uses AR10 and to say that it is efficient and effective is an understatement.

for this guy to say that a bullet out of an AR will destroy more meat than out of a bolt action, just shows how much of a moron he is. a 308 is a 308. also, bullets dont tumble.

hvybarrels

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 08:30:01 PM »
You were expecting them to play fair? That's a little naive in this day and age of lockdowns, stolen elections, and weaponized courts.

The reason they want to take your guns away is so that they can steal everything you own and murder you if you complain about it.

It's not an abstract concept.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

QUIETShooter

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 08:08:01 AM »


The NRA was founded by National Guardsmen so his claim of: "Previously, Chris founded the Got Your 6 campaign to advocate for accurate portrayals of military veterans in film, television, and popular media. " is hypocritical. An Army officer?  Oh yeah a pilot.

Roger that.  Some of the things this Marvin guy talks about him doing during his service is possible but I believe highly, highly unlikely that he personally was involved in.

He could be talking about these experiences through a third person perspective.  Because of one simple thing.  He's a pilot.  They usually don't, won't, and can't leave their aircraft.  Only in the most rarest of circumstances and I believe he was not in those circumstances.

Not trying to discredit his service to our country.  Pilots are courageous and brave with nerves of steel but they got a job to do just like the infantryman has a job to do.

They just simply can't leave their aircraft to run around shooting suppressive fire with an M4 like he talked about in the article.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 08:15:43 AM »
You were expecting them to play fair? That's a little naive in this day and age of lockdowns, stolen elections, and weaponized courts.

The reason they want to take your guns away is so that they can steal everything you own and murder you if you complain about it.

It's not an abstract concept.

Easier for when they start rounding up "dissidents" to transport to re-education camps.  All about keeping the masses under control.

Their control.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

pacwire

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2024, 12:49:02 PM »
I think an "official" rebuttal should be made to Civil Beat. (Or maybe we all need to do this)

Stats Should be provided on the Recent SB3196

How many were for, how many were against.

Form letters vs

Local Residents etc

the MAJORITY of support was from our LOCAL 2A Community

Yes Chris also got under my skin

oldfart

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2024, 01:13:47 PM »
I think an "official" rebuttal should be made to Civil Beat. (Or maybe we all need to do this)

Stats Should be provided on the Recent SB3196

How many were for, how many were against.

Form letters vs

Local Residents etc

the MAJORITY of support was from our LOCAL 2A Community

Yes Chris also got under my skin
===================
I just got back from that hearing about an hour ago.
I sat with zip and a bunch of other 2A folk. London, Dale and Martha from YG were behind me.
Later, Chris Marvin took a seat behind me too, but I did not notice.
I didn't really understand what da heck was going on, but as I understand it, there was some last-minute backroom dealing and the bill was drastically changed.
But it still passed. 3-2.
What, Me Worry?

Q

Re: Everytown hits under the belt, calls us liars
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2024, 01:36:43 PM »
===================
I just got back from that hearing about an hour ago.
I sat with zip and a bunch of other 2A folk. London, Dale and Martha from YG were behind me.
Later, Chris Marvin took a seat behind me too, but I did not notice.
I didn't really understand what da heck was going on, but as I understand it, there was some last-minute backroom dealing and the bill was drastically changed.
But it still passed. 3-2.

I called him out on social media; said we would happily debate him.

My comments, along with others, were deleted from the civil beat article.