Thank you Santa! (Read 1848 times)

Pit808

Thank you Santa!
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Just got these today.  Guess i got my order in before the rush.........they were on backorder when I placed the order but shipped as if they weren't

Whoo hoo!   sorry guys.........but I had to...........don't hate........ ;D

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:34:13 PM by Pit808 »
chitty chitty bang bang.......

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Everything Around a Pigs Ass is Pork
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Santa!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
I like the Lancer mags myself. All polymer construction with steel lips. A good quality hybrid. Sort of the best of all worlds. They are well made and fit my polymer lower and drop free when empty. And you can replace the lips if they get bent beyond fixing or worn out. Same price or less than PMAGs. Each one has worked well in my gun which is a FrankenAR I built myself. I bought a bunch of 30 rounders which I was thinking of selling but after seeing how the world is going crazy over the lack of available PMAGs I think I might keep them.

And I ordered 10 PMAGs at regular price from a place that is not gouging. If I remember correctly from the old days not all PMAGs worked in all AR-15's for one reason or another. And I remember the feed lips were a problem. Hence the different generations? The place I ordered them from will get them in eventually and I'll have the PMAGs at a decent price. Being patient has its advantages. If the PMAGs turn out to be of high quality and work well in my gun then I might sell the Lancers. If not, I am sure I can get my money back on the PMAGs taking into consideration what people are currently paying for them.
Officially Retired and living in the free state of Arizona.

Pit808

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
I haven't tried gen 3 pmags, but the older ones don't lock into my mossy MVP. Lancer and gi, no problem  :thumbsup:

I love the translucent lancer awm's I'll get um over pmags if available.

Lifer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
Lucky!

I bought a few Gen 3 Pmags last month and ends up they don't fit my bullpup( the new overtravel nub stops them from fully locking).
I was told to try Lancer AWM magazines then the sheeeettt hit the fan before I could pick some up.. :grrr:

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Everything Around a Pigs Ass is Pork
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 06:15:33 AM »
After what I am hearing it sounds like the PMAGs still have not had all the their compatibility problems solved? Maybe I'll just cancel my back order of PMAGs.
Officially Retired and living in the free state of Arizona.

Pit808

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
Lucky!

I bought a few Gen 3 Pmags last month and ends up they don't fit my bullpup( the new overtravel nub stops them from fully locking).
I was told to try Lancer AWM magazines then the sheeeettt hit the fan before I could pick some up.. :grrr:

One of these days we should meet up. U can see if a lancer fits and I could try a gen 3 in my mvp  :thumbsup: