Olympics 2024 Paris (Read 6955 times)

oldfart

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2024, 09:49:54 AM »
I worked with a pretty good bboy for decades but never knew about it until recently.
Nicest guy ever and a badazz too.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2024, 04:23:48 PM »
today the US soccer lost to France 3-0
US Rugby lost to Fiji 38-12
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 04:38:53 PM by stangzilla »

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2024, 09:49:30 AM »
"Gayest Olympics Ever"

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2024, 10:43:47 AM »
"Gayest Olympics Ever"



The Olympics sure has changed.  Whatever happened to friendly competition between nations.

SMH.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2024, 10:50:31 AM »
today the US soccer lost to France 3-0
US Rugby lost to Fiji 38-12

I checked the schedules and will tune in for weightlifting, Athletics (track events) like pole vault and high jump.  And then the track relays which is fun to watch.

I also like the endurance competitions like 800, 1500 and longer meter running events.  Even the 200 and 400 meter events.  Those are neat to watch as you can see the strategy amongst the runners.

Screw the 100 meter BS.  Prima donna flash in the pan event in my opinion.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Rocky

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2024, 12:31:31 PM »
Honestly, the only exciting entertainment I get is from watching Curling  :crazy:  though I do enjoy watching the women's gymnastics and their athletic ability.
The other interesting which I don't recall the name of is kind like the Pentathlon but they ski and shoot.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2024, 11:48:39 AM »
Opening ceremony also showed a Statue of Liberty image with holes and other damage, insinuating liberty in the US is falling apart.

Not sure if we should be offended for being unjustly mocked, or embarrassed because it's true.


The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2024, 12:55:32 PM »
Olympic organizers apologize for offending Christians.

Immediately afterward, the people who were in your face about it being a parody
on The Last Supper are now lying, calling it The Feast of the Gods.

Get caught being woke -- gloat then deny, deny, deny.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2024, 01:53:50 PM »
Honestly, the only exciting entertainment I get is from watching Curling  :crazy:  though I do enjoy watching the women's gymnastics and their athletic ability.
The other interesting which I don't recall the name of is kind like the Pentathlon but they ski and shoot.
That's a winter Olympic sport. . . but yeah, I find it entertaining as well.  I tried when I lived in WA.

changemyoil66

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2024, 01:58:28 PM »
Gym goers have a saying "Curls for the girls".

drck1000

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2024, 02:00:37 PM »
Gym goers have a saying "Curls for the girls".
🤦🏻‍♂️

stangzilla

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2024, 08:55:33 AM »
2 shooting events today
4:00 & 9:45 on USA channel

stangzilla

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2024, 08:18:28 AM »
I'm done with the olympics. too much woke bullshit

QUIETShooter

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2024, 08:58:54 AM »
I'm done with the olympics. too much woke bullshit

I hear you, stang.  And I'm with you.  I just couldn't watch anymore.  I'm doing it for my sanity.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2024, 09:35:09 AM »
The sad part is that the womens polo didn't have the funding to go to the games or somethign like that. So Flava Flav paid the bill.  I didn't know he had money to do that.  He did state that he had others who donated to his cause to fund them  Also, another athlete was behind on her rent due to not working because she's at the games. Flava Flav is going to pay her rent.

Years ago, MTV True Life did a docu on becoming an Olympian and unless you get sponsorships, you still need to work. They followed a woman's weight lifter and she moved to Colorado to be at the training center HQ and worked Pizza Hut delivery part time to make ends meet.  Of course, some families can afford to send their children and train and they pay the bills.  But many cannot.

And sponsorships usually come after you win a medal.

This makes me wonder if athletes like Lebron is helping finance any womens basketball teams.  I mean, maybe the 5 woman team doesn't need it, but there's also the less popular 3v3 womans team.  Sometimes people like Lebron do donate, but like to remain silent on the matter.

changemyoil66

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2024, 09:40:14 AM »
Another wow. There's a woman's boxing athlete who was born with a uterus, vagina, and women's breast. But has XY (male) chromosome.  She recently boxed and after 45 seconds, her/his opponent gave up. She said she's never been hit so hard in her life.  And this is an Olympian, not someone who's never boxed before, so I'm sure she had her fair share of blows to the head.

So where does 1 draw the line?  It's not like this boxer is a dude who had surgery to remove his penis.  It was born with woman parts, but XY also.  It also failed a testosterone test back in 2021 or something.  So to me, it's weaker than a man, but stronger than a woman.

I think Taiwan has a boxer with the same issue.  Apparently, it made the other opponent cry.

drck1000

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2024, 09:57:53 AM »
Signal through the noise. . .

Men's 10k just won bronze with a tremendous effort down the home stretch.  Guy went all in on training, moving to altitude to train and other things to get from 4-6th in the world to get a medal.  All that work paid off and got the medal.  Lots of stories like that, with athletes putting it all in for what is short windows of glory. 

Closest I got was getting into the ODP when I was HS.  Got as far as the west regionals, where you definitely see the talent pool steps as you compete with those that eventually make it to the final/national level.  The dedication on display is truly admirable. 

drck1000

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2024, 09:59:20 AM »
Another wow. There's a woman's boxing athlete who was born with a uterus, vagina, and women's breast. But has XY (male) chromosome.  She recently boxed and after 45 seconds, her/his opponent gave up. She said she's never been hit so hard in her life.  And this is an Olympian, not someone who's never boxed before, so I'm sure she had her fair share of blows to the head.

So where does 1 draw the line?  It's not like this boxer is a dude who had surgery to remove his penis.  It was born with woman parts, but XY also.  It also failed a testosterone test back in 2021 or something.  So to me, it's weaker than a man, but stronger than a woman.

I think Taiwan has a boxer with the same issue.  Apparently, it made the other opponent cry.
Can't even comprehend how ANYONE thought that would be ok.  If anything, the outcry may lead to folks realizing the differences. . . Identify with whatever you want, but that stuff is crossing lines. . .

macsak

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2024, 10:16:49 AM »
i didn't know they had interpretive dance in the olympics...

Signal through the noise. . .

Men's 10k just won bronze with a tremendous effort down the home stretch.  Guy went all in on training, moving to altitude to train and other things to get from 4-6th in the world to get a medal.  All that work paid off and got the medal.  Lots of stories like that, with athletes putting it all in for what is short windows of glory. 

Closest I got was getting into the ODP when I was HS.  Got as far as the west regionals, where you definitely see the talent pool steps as you compete with those that eventually make it to the final/national level.  The dedication on display is truly admirable.

drck1000

Re: Olympics 2024 Paris
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2024, 10:34:12 AM »
i didn't know they had interpretive dance in the olympics...
They didn't have that poofpoof stuff back then. . .