Clark County Shooting Range (Vegas) has this. They tell you to watch the vid and it's short and to the point.
Every private range on the mainland I've used in multiple states has this, too.
I haven't surveyed public ranges, but I'd think most do this to keep new shooters from creating a safety risk.
It's so simple to record and edit a range operation and safety video that's 5 minutes or less runtime. Most places hand you a business card size "membership" card that says you've done the orientation -- for future visits.
The alternative is hoping visitors spend 5 minutes reading the bulletin board and notice all the signage throughout the range.
When I'd take mainland visitors the KHSC, I gave them the 411 before breaking out the hardware. Eye and ear protection, target restrictions, number of rounds to load, no rapid fire, guns unloaded and action open during cease fire, what the yellow line is for, keeping the muzzle downrange, etc, etc.
It's a lot to think about for a new visitor, especially if they have never fired a gun before. Many of my visitors were inexperienced -- they had never gone to a range and/or had never fired the types of firearms I'd provided.
Has anyone ever approached the range officials about this? It would help the RSOs keep everyone safer.