What could go wrong... (Read 557 times)

ren

What could go wrong...
« on: October 28, 2024, 06:47:47 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/10/29/first-ever-hawaii-youth-transportation-council-looking-members/

When I was younger I took part in the YMCA's youth legislature program in the summer. When I look back I'm glad I didn't make any laws when I was that young...
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: What could go wrong...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2024, 07:12:03 PM »

That's just lovely
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: What could go wrong...
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2024, 07:14:55 PM »
If the goal is reduced greenhouse gases, maybe focus on things like the several fossil fuel and incinerator electric generators supplying the islands?

I realize Japan gave us a good example of why nuclear reactors on an island might be risky, but given the number of nuclear subs and warships here off and on, we're already living with the potential risks.

Solar and wind aren't viable replacements, and we already saw energy storage attempts fail miserably.

It's one thing to wish for better energy production technologies, but it's ridiculous to let a group of kids hold the state hostage when the available options are all problematic.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw