Tomorrow: Don't forget to not set your clocks back 1 hour (Read 737 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Tomorrow: Don't forget to not set your clocks back 1 hour
« on: November 02, 2024, 03:28:50 PM »
Tomorrow (Sun, Nov 3rd) is the end of Daylight Savings Time in the US.

Studies apparently have been done on the effects of DST.  On report says there is a significant increase in the rate of heart attacks in Spring when DST begins and likewise a comparable reduction when DST ends in the Fall.

If the US ever decides to stop arguing and make doing away with DST, I think the best solution would be to go with Standard Time year round.  I used to think splitting the difference and changing clocks 1/2 hour would be a good compromise, but I realized that would put the US 1/2 hour off from all the other timezones in the world.  Better to sick to whole numbers for the final shift.

I assume the study compared areas that don't follow DST with those that do, so that eliminates seasonal and sunlight-related factors.





The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw