Tiktok (Read 2979 times)

Jaco808

Tiktok
« on: January 19, 2025, 06:37:03 PM »
Finally when I thought that CCP Spyware was banned through bipartisanship.   Trump does a 360 and wants to unblock it?  Why?   

China is now attending his inauguration and sucking up to him.  Perhaps buying some Trump coin. 

One of the few things I agreed with Trump was his anti China rhetoric.   Now all that's left is guns and the border.  And it looks like he isn't doing anything to help 2a.

zippz

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2025, 07:02:42 PM »
Tiktok has a large following with 100 million active users in the US.  It has a large membership of children and young adults.  Saving tiktok may get him favor with them.  Saving tiktok can show that Trump is a good negotiator able to force China to bend to his will while saving the business.

hvybarrels

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2025, 08:21:34 PM »
Hope he goes after the CCP for buying up farmland next to our military bases.

They definitely wouldn’t allow that if the roles were reversed.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2025, 08:25:51 PM »
Finally when I thought that CCP Spyware was banned through bipartisanship.   Trump does a 360 and wants to unblock it?  Why?   

China is now attending his inauguration and sucking up to him.  Perhaps buying some Trump coin. 

One of the few things I agreed with Trump was his anti China rhetoric.   Now all that's left is guns and the border.  And it looks like he isn't doing anything to help 2a.
The law provided for the continued download of the TikTok app after today if the company didn't meet the deadline to change ownership,

The law also provides for the president -- Biden until tomorrow -- to extend the deadline for up to 90 days.

Users currently on TikTok were not supposed to be affected.  The 'ban' was only for new users downloading the app from Apple and Google Play Stores.

Instead, China pulled the plug this weekend on all users so nobody had access to the service.  They intended to force anti-US-government sentiment over the law even though such a drastic action was not part of it.

By issuing an Executive Order to extend the deadline, Trump would be acting in accordance with the law, giving users their TikTok "fix," and giving himself time to negotiate with the Chinese to hopefully find a better solution than the current one.

It only takes a couple of braincells to figure out what is going on.  Trump's not even president, and he's already remedied a massive social media blackout for millions of Americans who want TikTok, and he did it with a single social media post.

Ever stop to ask why the date of Jan 19, 2025 was chosen as the deadline?  if not, maybe you should start thinking more about the issues beyond what you're being told and stop posting so many knee-jerk opinions.

From backing a ban to being hailed as
a savior: Inside Trump’s TikTok shift

Quote
After going dark for users this weekend, Trump said on his social media
site that he would issue an executive order after he’s sworn in for a
second term on Monday delaying a TikTok ban “so that we can make a
deal to protect our national security.” He said the order would make clear
that companies will not be held liable for violating a law that aimed to
force TikTok’s sale by its China-based parent company. Hours later, the
app returned, to the relief of its legions of dedicated users.

“Thanks for your patience and support. As a result of President Trump’s
efforts, TikTok is back in the U.S.!” read the announcement.
https://apnews.com/article/trump-tiktok-ban-da11df6d59c17e2c17eea40c4042386d

174 million Tiktokkers, mostly young people, are seeing this as an accomplishemnt for Trump.  If his Executive Order stands, he will have managed to give millions the social media platform they desire while negotiating protections for National Security.  If Congress or the Judicial decide his order was not done soon enough, then any ban/outage will have occurred on Biden's watch.  Either way, he's at least trying for a more reasonable solution other than all or nothing.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2025, 08:27:54 PM »
yes, he hasn't done anything to help 2a in his NEGATIVE ONE DAY IN OFFICE...

Finally when I thought that CCP Spyware was banned through bipartisanship.   Trump does a 360 and wants to unblock it?  Why?   

China is now attending his inauguration and sucking up to him.  Perhaps buying some Trump coin. 

One of the few things I agreed with Trump was his anti China rhetoric.   Now all that's left is guns and the border. And it looks like he isn't doing anything to help 2a.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2025, 08:33:35 PM »
Not a TikTok issue, but the OP did bring it up.....

Donald Trump’s plans for gun control in 2025
Quote
National Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Trump's policy includes advocating for national concealed carry reciprocity,
allowing individuals with concealed carry permits in one state to have their
permits recognized across state lines. Supporters argue that this measure
upholds constitutional rights and simplifies regulations for gun owners.
Opponents warn that it could lead to inconsistencies in state laws and
complicate law enforcement efforts.
...
President Trump's 2025 gun control strategy underscores a commitment to
preserving Second Amendment rights while proposing measures aimed at
enhancing public safety. The administration's approach has ignited a national
debate, reflecting the complex and deeply rooted perspectives on gun control
in the United States. As these policies are implemented, their impact on
society and public safety will be closely scrutinized.
https://www.econotimes.com/Donald-Trumps-plans-for-gun-control-in-2025-1694590
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

hvybarrels

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2025, 10:21:18 PM »
yes, he hasn't done anything to help 2a in his NEGATIVE ONE DAY IN OFFICE...

He already fired Trudeau, uncensored social media, and got a Middle East ceasefire.

Not even in office yet. How is that even possible.  ???

I’d say we have a lot to look forward to, minus the economic debt bomb that’s about to go off.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2025, 08:13:38 AM »
I don't have TIT, but do have FB and IG. I can tell you based on XP that both have censored me and have censored others who didn't meet the agenda. Vaxx, GOP things, 2a,  Trump positive things, etc...

Are they mad cause TT doesn't have this type of control?

eyeeatingfish

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2025, 10:44:42 AM »
Finally when I thought that CCP Spyware was banned through bipartisanship.   Trump does a 360 and wants to unblock it?  Why?   

China is now attending his inauguration and sucking up to him.  Perhaps buying some Trump coin. 

One of the few things I agreed with Trump was his anti China rhetoric.   Now all that's left is guns and the border.  And it looks like he isn't doing anything to help 2a.

Who knows with Trump what his true position is. Maybe he doesn't care at all and is just picking the side he think benefits him the most.

One speculation is that Musk is basically whispering in Trump's ear to be nicer to China since Musk has significant business interests involving China and resources for batteries. Not sure if that is the case but it is conceivable.

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2025, 10:49:10 AM »
Who knows with Trump what his true position is. Maybe he doesn't care at all and is just picking the side he think benefits him the most.

One speculation is that Musk is basically whispering in Trump's ear to be nicer to China since Musk has significant business interests involving China and resources for batteries. Not sure if that is the case but it is conceivable.

I like how you post negative hypotheticals. 

eyeeatingfish

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2025, 10:50:54 AM »
I like how you post negative hypotheticals.

I like how you try to rebut things without actually rebutting them.

It is just a possible explanation to the OP's question, I didn't claim it to be fact.

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2025, 12:50:31 PM »
I like how you try to rebut things without actually rebutting them.

It is just a possible explanation to the OP's question, I didn't claim it to be fact.

If you're talking about the above post specifically, then I didn't post a rebuttal. I posted an observation.

Wow, more goal post moving and it wasn't even needed.  Goal post moving must be a habit of yours.  To go along with whataboutism.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2025, 12:56:47 PM »
If you're talking about the above post specifically, then I didn't post a rebuttal. I posted an observation.

Wow, more goal post moving and it wasn't even needed.  Goal post moving must be a habit of yours.  To go along with whataboutism.

Why does every thread tend to become about one guy trying to win an argument?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
** rhetorical **
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

ren

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2025, 01:14:13 PM »
Why does every thread tend to become about one guy trying to win an argument?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
** rhetorical **

range too far
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2025, 01:37:23 PM »
Why does every thread tend to become about one guy trying to win an argument?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
** rhetorical **

Some people feel that thought experiments are beneficial.  But they then stack the deck when questioned.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2025, 10:42:16 AM »
If you're talking about the above post specifically, then I didn't post a rebuttal. I posted an observation.

Wow, more goal post moving and it wasn't even needed.  Goal post moving must be a habit of yours.  To go along with whataboutism.

Jacko made an observation about Trump and asked "why?".
I replied with a possible explanation as to why.

It really isn't that hard, you don't need to try and stir up drama everywhere you go.

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2025, 12:25:43 PM »
Jacko made an observation about Trump and asked "why?".
I replied with a possible explanation as to why.

It really isn't that hard, you don't need to try and stir up drama everywhere you go.

I called you out about your rebuttal comment. Now you claim drama. Thanks for trying to deflect with your drama causing.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2025, 04:05:58 PM »
I called you out about your rebuttal comment. Now you claim drama. Thanks for trying to deflect with your drama causing.

Do you have amnesia or are you being dishonest. You called me out first by saying "I like how you post negative hypotheticals. "

changemyoil66

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2025, 04:28:21 PM »
Do you have amnesia or are you being dishonest. You called me out first by saying "I like how you post negative hypotheticals. "

I guess you failed to read the post after that as it doesn't fit your imaginary narrative.  Once again, adding needless things to a thread due to your feelings and you don't want to admit you were wrong. Lets see how many more pages this thread can be extended.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Tiktok
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2025, 10:45:35 PM »
I guess you failed to read the post after that as it doesn't fit your imaginary narrative.  Once again, adding needless things to a thread due to your feelings and you don't want to admit you were wrong. Lets see how many more pages this thread can be extended.

I see, you are trying to change the focus after I called you out.  :stopjack: