Old gun shop thread (Read 11414 times)

SpeedTek

  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4749
  • Total likes: 126
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
Re: Old gun shop thread
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
I remember a long time ago there was a airgun shop in the airport area in the whaling wall bldg. i forget the name.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Sturmgeschutz

Re: Old gun shop thread
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »
I remember a long time ago there was a airgun shop in the airport area in the whaling wall bldg. i forget the name.

The Airgunnery?

Gordyf

Re: Old gun shop thread
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »
Wasn't there a place just off Nimitz, maybe a few blocks away from Island Archer? I went the once with my dad, the guy was kinda off. When the "Tyke the Killer Elephant" thing went down, he had joke fliers for an elephant hunt in his shop. Didn't last long, closed within months it seemed. Also remembered the Armory and when SEC was right across the street from HPD, and SA only having one shop here with handguns and a dive shop all together in one spot...
You're right there was a shop, right in that neighborhood, across the street from Hydra Air.I think, but I never remember which is Koapaka or Ualena. Looked at some Mak's there that were real affordable for the day.
They were not there very long for whatever reason. I bought a revolver at SA in Waikele and the dept manager there taught my handgun class when that law first was in place.
Still use that affidavit.

And Ronak. Whatever happened to Ron at Ronak???
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:56:22 PM by Gordyf »
Aloha
Gordy

SLORYDSTANG

Re: Old gun shop thread
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »
Wasn't there a place just off Nimitz, maybe a few blocks away from Island Archer? I went the once with my dad, the guy was kinda off. When the "Tyke the Killer Elephant" thing went down, he had joke fliers for an elephant hunt in his shop. Didn't last long, closed within months it seemed. Also remembered the Armory and when SEC was right across the street from HPD, and SA only having one shop here with handguns and a dive shop all together in one spot...

There was a gun shop nearby Island archer, closed= 2 partners , 1 with $$, the other the FFL holder, simple math.