Woman Impersonated Her Dead Mother for 25 Years -- Stole $360K in SS Benefits (Read 1038 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Not sure if she deserves to be admired or if the Social Security Administration blamed for the fraud continuing for 25 freaking years??

She fooled multiple federal agencies by pretending to be her mother in phone AND IN-PERSON VISITS where she was able to convince employees she was in fact her mother who died as long as 25 years previously.

She only received one year in prison.  Plea deal?  No assets to use for restitution.

 :wacko:   :wtf:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Not sure if she deserves to be admired or if the Social Security Administration blamed for the fraud continuing for 25 freaking years??

She fooled multiple federal agencies by pretending to be her mother in phone AND IN-PERSON VISITS where she was able to convince employees she was in fact her mother who died as long as 25 years previously.

She only received one year in prison.  Plea deal?  No assets to use for restitution.

 :wacko:   :wtf:



I'm all for investigations of fraud in Social Security.  I have a feeling a large (very large) number of people in the country are collecting Social Security by nefarious means.

And I'd bet these nefarious people are a bit large, also.  Ha ha hee hee hoo hoo.

Yes, threw a bit of hate in there for these people.  Ainokea.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

I'm all for investigations of fraud in Social Security.  I have a feeling a large (very large) number of people in the country are collecting Social Security by nefarious means.

And I'd bet these nefarious people are a bit large, also.  Ha ha hee hee hoo hoo.

Yes, threw a bit of hate in there for these people.  Ainokea.

I looked and looked, but the only Mavious Redmond I found a photo of lives in GA, not MN.. 

One of the few viral criminals who somehow kept her image off the Internet. 
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw