what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt? (Read 26071 times)

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »
interested in what your preference pistol holster is when it comes to your battle belt and what kind of shooting you use it  for? brand? system? for what gun?

drck1000

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
G-Code with RTI attachment. The system allows a quick change in holster body. I have a Safariland SLS for my Glock 17 with X300 and a G-Code OSH for just a Glock 17 or 34. I can use the OSH holster body with my IPSC rig as well.

Another thing I like about the G-Code system is that there is a drop option that I really like.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »
G-Code with RTI attachment. The system allows a quick change in holster body. I have a Safariland SLS for my Glock 17 with X300 and a G-Code OSH for just a Glock 17 or 34. I can use the OSH holster body with my IPSC rig as well.

Another thing I like about the G-Code system is that there is a drop option that I really like.
I was looking at a g code set up.

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
this guy advertises here
http://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=6969.0
a couple of members have used his holsters and mag holders and posted positive reviews
i emailed him several times last week and he answered within a reasonable amount of time and was professional and great to work with
his turnaround time is fast (less than a couple of weeks) and shipping is cheap (USPS bulk rate box and no handling charge)
prices are reasonable too

i am most likely going to go this route for the reasons explained above
i would like to get leather or leather/kydex so i don't scratch up my HK
but i think the cost and wait time would be excessive on the leather/kydex
and leather just doesn't look tacticool enough
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/cool.gif

send me a PM if you want to discuss this more
 http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/grin.gif

I was looking at a g code set up.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:14:53 PM »
thanks mac looking forward to seeing your rig when you get it. think im set with the g code. and maybe doing a secondary bladetech set.

Q

>:D
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »
 >:D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:53:03 PM by Q »

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »
I used to prefer a level 1 Serpa, but have gotten into making my own holsters with PVC.

PVC = poorman's kydex.

Works like a charm, custom fit, and extremely cheap.  :thumbsup:
post some pics Q i"d like to see those

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
i'll have it for the last saturday in august
you can see it then
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/wink.gif

i won't need it on the last saturday in july
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/sad.gif
to hang out with you and my patient (his wife told me he loves chicken wings) http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/shaka.gif

thanks mac looking forward to seeing your rig when you get it. think im set with the g code. and maybe doing a secondary bladetech set.

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
second that request

post some pics Q i"d like to see those

Tom_G

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Sourdough-Pancake™-.cfm?item_id=151&parent=669
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Q

>:D
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
 >:D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:53:23 PM by Q »

WTF?Shane

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:54 PM »
I usually run everything off my pants belt, but I have this setup I use for airsoft. Holster is from Atomic Dog Holsters and connected with some MALICE clips.



I'm looking to getting a G-Code RTI hanger setup so I can swap around guns and different rigs.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »
Nice wtf? So you coming out to the hdf shoot this month? Shure would like to see you there.

WTF?Shane

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
Nice wtf? So you coming out to the hdf shoot this month? Shure would like to see you there.

Yes, I should be attending this month's HDF range day. I missed the last two and I've been itching to shoot.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »
Yes, I should be attending this month's HDF range day. I missed the last two and I've been itching to shoot.
roger see you there funtimes said its rifle and pistol this month so i would check with him on what gear to bring.

ImKu

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »
I purchased a safariland als type holster for my Glock 22 and used the G-Code RTI kydex mount adapter for the drop.
I'm hoping I don't have to work on that HDF range day, I would love to try some new gear out.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
I purchased a safariland als type holster for my Glock 22 and used the G-Code RTI kydex mount adapter for the drop.
I'm hoping I don't have to work on that HDF range day, I would love to try some new gear out.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html
alright imku looking forward to seeing you there. :shaka:  I will be running a g code set up on that day

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
damn, ku's going too
next month, guys

alright imku looking forward to seeing you there. :shaka:  I will be running a g code set up on that day

Surf

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
I don't wear a battle belt even though I have a few.  I prefer a belt set up like the USGG contractor belt or the DSG Arms belt with the inner and outer velcro belt set ups.  I also run the G Code RTI connected to a Safariland offset drop and the Safariland SLS.  I teach multiple pistols on a regular basis and this set up allows me to quickly change from one pistol holster set up to another easily.  I also run Taco mag pouches to accommodate various sized mags.  Have been running this set up for quite some time. 

Bigkahuna808

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1609
  • Total likes: 36
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
I don't, I stick the gun right in front of my crotch area (gotta make sure its a heavy gun like a desert eagle), then put on my thug life shirt and baseball cap backwards.  Then and only then am I ready fot battle.