what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt? (Read 26070 times)

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »
don't forget that you have to hold the handgun sideways

I don't, I stick the gun right in front of my crotch area (gotta make sure its a heavy gun like a desert eagle), then put on my thug life shirt and baseball cap backwards.  Then and only then am I ready fot battle.

drck1000

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
I don't wear a battle belt even though I have a few.  I prefer a belt set up like the USGG contractor belt or the DSG Arms belt with the inner and outer velcro belt set ups.  I also run the G Code RTI connected to a Safariland offset drop and the Safariland SLS.  I teach multiple pistols on a regular basis and this set up allows me to quickly change from one pistol holster set up to another easily.  I also run Taco mag pouches to accommodate various sized mags.  Have been running this set up for quite some time.
I have two USGG belts as well. Excellent stuff and great customer service. The wait times can be a challenge, but I still feel they are well worth it. For my first order, Robert took the time to call me to discuss personally to make sure I was getting the correct gear for my use. You don't get that kind of service very often.

I use one Contractors belt for IPSC and another for training. One thing I don't like about the G-Code RTI drop with the Safariland SLS is that it seems to rotate some and occasionally bind up of otherwise slow down the draw. I have another SLS with the drop leg configuration that I was planning on trying to see if that helps. I don't care for the leg strap, but something I'll try.

I alternate between the USGG and a HSGI SGPB. I'll also occasionally use Raven Concealment holster and pouches. Over the years, I've learned the hard way what doesn't work and it's always through shooting with the combination of gear that you have selected. I have a box full of stuff that I no longer really use because I found that I didn't care for it or it didn't work well.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
I don't, I stick the gun right in front of my crotch area (gotta make sure its a heavy gun like a desert eagle), then put on my thug life shirt and baseball cap backwards.  Then and only then am I ready fot battle.
I love it when the call me biggiekahuna... throw your hands in the air and wave them like you just don't care... I love when they call me biggiekahuna...

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »
I have two USGG belts as well. Excellent stuff and great customer service. The wait times can be a challenge, but I still feel they are well worth it. For my first order, Robert took the time to call me to discuss personally to make sure I was getting the correct gear for my use. You don't get that kind of service very often.

I use one Contractors belt for IPSC and another for training. One thing I don't like about the G-Code RTI drop with the Safariland SLS is that it seems to rotate some and occasionally bind up of otherwise slow down the draw. I have another SLS with the drop leg configuration that I was planning on trying to see if that helps. I don't care for the leg strap, but something I'll try.

I alternate between the USGG and a HSGI SGPB. I'll also occasionally use Raven Concealment holster and pouches. Over the years, I've learned the hard way what doesn't work and it's always through shooting with the combination of gear that you have selected. I have a box full of stuff that I no longer really use because I found that I didn't care for it or it didn't work well.
should post some of the gear you don't use anymore maybe someone can make use of them I'm sure its some good stuff.

drck1000

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
should post some of the gear you don't use anymore maybe someone can make use of them I'm sure its some good stuff.
Yeah. I keep telling myself to do that. I like to keep some handy just in case friends need or something I use regularly breaks. I've also given some away. I've been meaning to get to the HDF shoots as well.

ImKu

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »
don't forget that you have to hold the handgun sideways

The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

Surf

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »
I have two USGG belts as well. Excellent stuff and great customer service. The wait times can be a challenge, but I still feel they are well worth it. For my first order, Robert took the time to call me to discuss personally to make sure I was getting the correct gear for my use. You don't get that kind of service very often.

I use one Contractors belt for IPSC and another for training. One thing I don't like about the G-Code RTI drop with the Safariland SLS is that it seems to rotate some and occasionally bind up of otherwise slow down the draw. I have another SLS with the drop leg configuration that I was planning on trying to see if that helps. I don't care for the leg strap, but something I'll try.

I alternate between the USGG and a HSGI SGPB. I'll also occasionally use Raven Concealment holster and pouches. Over the years, I've learned the hard way what doesn't work and it's always through shooting with the combination of gear that you have selected. I have a box full of stuff that I no longer really use because I found that I didn't care for it or it didn't work well.
Some guys run a leg strap even on the offset drop set ups.  I like the USGG as it was my first belt set up, but I don't like that the inner belt has the hook on it and the outer has the loop.  Wish it was reversed like the DSG belt.  I also have the USGG war belt, which IMO is one of THE best war belts, but I just don't use war belts anymore.  They are slowly becoming the drop leg holster of the 90's.  I am exactly the same way with going through gear etc and I am very particular about my set ups.  I T&E a ton of stuff and also have boxes full of gear and accessories.     

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »
Some guys run a leg strap even on the offset drop set ups.  I like the USGG as it was my first belt set up, but I don't like that the inner belt has the hook on it and the outer has the loop.  Wish it was reversed like the DSG belt.  I also have the USGG war belt, which IMO is one of THE best war belts, but I just don't use war belts anymore.  They are slowly becoming the drop leg holster of the 90's.  I am exactly the same way with going through gear etc and I am very particular about my set ups.  I T&E a ton of stuff and also have boxes full of gear and accessories.     
so what do you think will replace the battle belts? since its out of fashion.

Surf

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
so what do you think will replace the battle belts? since its out of fashion.

I don't really think it is out of fashion.  In fact war belts are still the fashionable thing to use.  Just look at drop leg holsters.  People, including those on tac type teams still run them, because they are so notable, even though they pretty much suck for about everything tactically related.  Our trend went from wearing them low, to getting them as high as possible by modifying them and eliminating the top strap, to going away from them.  People tend to believe the drop leg is the cool thing or the best solution to be using even though 99% of the time in real world applications it is not.  The war belt is similar as it is very en vogue and is going nowhere soon.  You will see a common trend however among those who don't care about fashion and are more performance oriented going to a 1.75" or similar type of belt.  Since the industry is supporting this need with the standard type belt choice you are seeing more modularity that was the forte of the molle war belt.  In fact, configuring a standard 1.75" type belt is just as simple as molle now.  Add the easy on, easy off velcro inner an outer belts makes it is hard to beat these set ups.  It definitely is not as cool or "tactical" looking as the war belt however and they are not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Again IMO the USGG is one of THE best war belts out there.  Mine is fully kitted out and both my contractor belt and war belt are configured very similar, RTI wheel and all, just gotta swap holters on or off.  However the USGG war belt just sits in a box.  I have gotten rid of all of my other war belts including the ever popular Brokos.

ImKu

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »

Again IMO the USGG is one of THE best war belts out there.  Mine is fully kitted out and both my contractor belt and war belt are configured very similar, RTI wheel and all, just gotta swap holters on or off.  However the USGG war belt just sits in a box.  I have gotten rid of all of my other war belts including the ever popular Brokos.

You mind posting pics of your rig?  I'm interested in how you attach everything to a contractors belt and keep if from shifting.
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

Surf

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »
You mind posting pics of your rig?  I'm interested in how you attach everything to a contractors belt and keep if from shifting.
I may try to snap some pictures when I get a chance, I used to have a lot of video out there running this set up, but that is no longer.  I will say that with the inner and outer velcro dual belt set up, the items such as pouches etc, will NOT shift easily because of the belts being affixed to one another by the velcro.  You can slide things around but it is very difficult once the two belts are mated to one another.  I just run the inner belt like a standard belt while working and when the need arises I will attach the outer belt that is kitted up.  Very efficient set up, low profile, less bulk and actually less stress on the back than even a padded war belt, especially over prolonged periods of time.  Besides for those who run full armor having a low profile belt is an asset as many prefer to run pouches on the carrier as opposed to the waist, especially in regards to rifle mags.  Getting as much off your waist as possible is a huge bonus when running full kit. 

ImKu

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »
Thanks for elaborating that for me.  After surfin the web looking at pages of first line belts, USGG does look like a nice option.
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
Thanks surf that was informative aynd exactly what i was looking for when i started this thread.  :shaka:

drck1000

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 12:05:44 AM »
I'll try to post some pics off USGG set ups as well. Nothing fancy, especially the one I use for IPSC.

But Surf is spot on. Once you Velcro the outer belt on, it's not going anywhere.  I also have their pistol pay pouches and AR mag pouches on my training belt and they are really well made. I don't know how long it takes to fabricate one pouch, but if it was me doing the sewing, I think it would take forever.

The main reason why I didn't use it in my last class the temps were in the 30s to 50s range and rainy and even snowing, so I wanted something that could wear on the outside of the layers, so I took my HSGI SGPB.

Most often, when I'm shooting here, I'll use the USGG set up since I usually don't need to wear warm layers.

drck1000

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »
Some guys run a leg strap even on the offset drop set ups.  I like the USGG as it was my first belt set up, but I don't like that the inner belt has the hook on it and the outer has the loop.  Wish it was reversed like the DSG belt.  I also have the USGG war belt, which IMO is one of THE best war belts, but I just don't use war belts anymore.  They are slowly becoming the drop leg holster of the 90's.  I am exactly the same way with going through gear etc and I am very particular about my set ups.  I T&E a ton of stuff and also have boxes full of gear and accessories.     
I'll have to find the Safariland version of the SLS with the drop and the single strap. The one that I have sits pretty low and has two leg straps. I've taken a few classes with RB1 and the instructor has one with just the low strap and site about the same level as the G-Code duty drop belt attachment. The single strap would be too to help the holster body from rotating but not push the holster down to on my thigh.

I never thought about reversing the Velcro, but that's a good idea. When I leave the house, my shirt catches on the hooks and guys here and there. I would think that they'd build you a set of belts that way, but would make what I've/you've got a hassle to mix and match.

Surf

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
I'll have to find the Safariland version of the SLS with the drop and the single strap. The one that I have sits pretty low and has two leg straps. I've taken a few classes with RB1 and the instructor has one with just the low strap and site about the same level as the G-Code duty drop belt attachment. The single strap would be too to help the holster body from rotating but not push the holster down to on my thigh.

I never thought about reversing the Velcro, but that's a good idea. When I leave the house, my shirt catches on the hooks and guys here and there. I would think that they'd build you a set of belts that way, but would make what I've/you've got a hassle to mix and match.

Yes, we used to modify the Safariland drop leg rigs and actually trim off the top sides of carrier body where the top strap mounts and just leave the bottom strap.  Then you can cinch the rig high up on the hip.  Downsides are that the strap can get annoying around the groin area and I prefer a straight up holster orientation when running mounted or vehicle operations.  Also the strap tends to pull hard on the belt and makes a bad lower back even worse.  This develops over time and I am not a young guy anymore and have been wearing gear heavy belt set ups almost daily for many years so my back is not the best.  Going away from the strap helps the back but indeed on a fast or speed draw as in competition with the offset drop the holster can pull outward and bind a bit at times when you don't hit a clean draw causing the double clutch.  I will also note that some guys use the offset drop and still use the safariland thigh strap threaded in between the holster screw mounts. 

Again the USGG inner belt is a PITA at times when running it as a stand alone belt because of it sticking to your shirt and it also attracts a lot of lint, strings etc and can look a bit less professional as a stand alone belt with all kinds of stuff stuck to it.  The belts with the loop on the inner belt and the hook on the outer belt is much better and I like the DSG Arms belt, except that it does not come in OD green which is what I prefer and matches my everyday work attire.

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
hey dirty
you ever pick up that g-code?
i forgot to check out chris' last month
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/angry.gif

probably going to order the dsg belt at some point

thanks mac looking forward to seeing your rig when you get it. think im set with the g code. and maybe doing a secondary bladetech set.

dirtylickins

  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Total likes: 141
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
hey dirty
you ever pick up that g-code?
i forgot to check out chris' last month
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/angry.gif

probably going to order the dsg belt at some point
mac yes I am currently running the g code holster.

macsak

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
awesome!

looking forward to checking it out on saturday

mac yes I am currently running the g code holster.

Bota-CS1

Re: what pistol holster do you have for your battle belt?
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
I've been running a griffon industries and just got an OTG Sidewinder. 
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.