2aHawaii
General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: changemyoil66 on August 12, 2019, 02:46:45 PM
-
DNC pushing this bill.
Not that it really matters here because of you know registration and "RAPBACK". I'm still gonna email my senators to vote against this bill.
-
so a citizen trying to protect themselves need to let the govt know ? or face confiscation?
and how would they define body armor?
-
Better ban all those bullet proof school backpacks while they're at it.
-
Better ban all those bullet proof school backpacks while they're at it.
Not a ban, just gotta check with FBI first, probably NICS system. So a 5 year old will have to go to a store that sells them and bring a valid photo ID. Then sign the release to do the check. But because they're a minor, their parent or guardian will have to sign the release. And they need to bring photo ID and birth certificate or legal guardianship paperwork to show they can sign for the minor.
-
DNC pushing this bill.
Not that it really matters here because of you know registration and "RAPBACK". I'm still gonna email my senators to vote against this bill.
good thing I don't own any body armor either...
-
good thing I don't own any body armor either...
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have purchased such items in the past. . . :crazy:
#clips
-
Not a ban, just gotta check with FBI first, probably NICS system. So a 5 year old will have to go to a store that sells them and bring a valid photo ID. Then sign the release to do the check. But because they're a minor, their parent or guardian will have to sign the release. And they need to bring photo ID and birth certificate or legal guardianship paperwork to show they can sign for the minor.
Banning is easier.
-
What criteria, exactly, will the FBI use to approve/deny the purchase of body armor?
"Do you have a medical marijuana card, an arrest for DUI or a history of substance abuse? If you answer "YES", there's no need for armor. You're invincible!"
"Q1: Do you intend to use the requested armor for unlawful activities, such as gang violence, public shootings or any other violence which might involve law enforcement intervention?"
"Q2: If you answered "YES" to Q1, place your hands on your head, interlock your fingers, and an officer will be with you shortly."
-
America is dying....
-
America is dying....
America is ill.
We have a cancer.
It can be cured, but it might require a radical Tardectomy..
-
So stupid. You should be able to buy body armor at the supermarket. So you know if some one shoots you in one you got little better chance of you know not dying from bullet wounds. :shaka:
-
So stupid. You should be able to buy body armor at the supermarket. So you know if some one shoots you in one you got little better chance of you know not dying from bullet wounds. :shaka:
Buy it?
Just make it ...
https://youtu.be/Y9nW4w5tHVM
-
Side note since we hawaii. Getting stabbed is more likely I think. How does body armor made for ballistics stand up to a good ole shanking?
-
Side note since we hawaii. Getting stabbed is more likely I think. How does body armor made for ballistics stand up to a good ole shanking?
Some do, some don't. Steel will stop penetration if they stab you where the armor is. Ballistic panels are less effective against thin metal blades.
If a vest features stab protection, it will not necessarily be bullet proof. Equally, a bullet proof vest may offer no protection
to bladed weapons. Also, a vest which is bullet and edged blade resistant may offer no protection to spike threats (i.e.
screwdrivers, knitting needles, syringes etc.)
Given these facts, you must carefully consider the threats in your environment, and decide which protection levels are most
suitable for your needs. Only then can you know which level of ballistic and/or stab and/or spike protection you should select.
https://www.safeguardclothing.com/articles/difference-between-a-stab-and-bullet-proof-vest/
-
I have "access" to an old soft armor type vest. I think Level IIIA (or not even). Might be a good "test" for a range day. Knives, pistol, then long guns. ;D
-
They have body armor rated for knives and will state it. If not, then its not.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
-
Side note since we hawaii. Getting stabbed is more likely I think. How does body armor made for ballistics stand up to a good ole shanking?
Soft armor will stop slashes, but most slashes occur to your arms as you block.
Might help to deflect a glancing stab, but a direct thrust will go through.
-
They have body armor rated for knives and will state it. If not, then its not.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You should have enough tinfoil at home that you can fashion your own armor. . . :P
-
You should have enough tinfoil at home that you can fashion your own armor. . . :P
Bro, can't be wasting tin foil. Prison style, phone books.
-
Soft armor will stop slashes, but most slashes occur to your arms as you block.
Might help to deflect a glancing stab, but a direct thrust will go through.
There's a pic that I can't find that was used on the movie "Keep and bear". Officer was stabbed inside a hospital. Officer is 6"2, 240lbs and a 4th degree black belt or something. The other guy was 5"2, 110lbs. He suffered huge slashes on his chest and back, prob just above the vest.
IIRC basically the slash on his back was from shoulder to shoulder (Upper back), and so was the slash on his chest, just below the collar bone.
-
You should have enough tinfoil at home that you can fashion your own armor. . . :P
heads
-
There's a pic that I can't find that was used on the movie "Keep and bear". Officer was stabbed inside a hospital. Officer is 6"2, 240lbs and a 4th degree black belt or something. The other guy was 5"2, 110lbs. He suffered huge slashes on his chest and back, prob just above the vest.
IIRC basically the slash on his back was from shoulder to shoulder (Upper back), and so was the slash on his chest, just below the collar bone.
I've seen tons of "after pics" of knife attacks and they are damn nasty! One was where a dude's scalp was split open and you could see his skull!
When we used to train for knife disarms, the instructor would regularly remind us of "likely outcomes" of knife attacks and that even if you are successful in fending off a knife attack, you're most likely gonna get cut. Even if you have a firearm, you're more likely than not gonna end up with the attacker on you. Well, unless you hit a switch, or can run away pretty fast. Former, I have a chance. Latter, based on my current state of "old age", highly doubtful. :(
-
I tried to google search and its interesting that when you look up stuff like "officer slashed by knife" or "cop knife attack", many images and websites are in the UK.
I know the UK has a knife problem, but didn't know they went after cops also. I guess UK cops afraid to shoot?
-
I tried to google search and its interesting that when you look up stuff like "officer slashed by knife" or "cop knife attack", many images and websites are in the UK.
I know the UK has a knife problem, but didn't know they went after cops also. I guess UK cops afraid to shoot?
For many years UK cops did not carry firearms. In recent years, due to you-know-what, some in some areas have been allowed to carry.
-
Level IIIA blanket!
https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-level-iiia-4x6-ballistic-blanket-black-coyote/
-
Level IIIA blanket!
https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-level-iiia-4x6-ballistic-blanket-black-coyote/
I believe it's commonsense to have at least 30 of those in every classroom in the United States. I'll leave it some someone else to do the math (@ $1,000). But if it saves just one life! For the children!
-
I believe it's commonsense to have at least 30 of those in every classroom in the United States. I'll leave it some someone else to do the math (@ $1,000). But if it saves just one life! For the children!
If the gov't is doing a blanket purchase (pun intended), the price goes up 150-400% to cover things like quality control (to guarantee each one meets requirements), warranty replacements, training programs for users, etc.
Blankets sporting the school's colors and mascot logo would, of course, be optional at additional cost. :geekdanc: