oh the Bernie irony (Read 21017 times)

Inspector

Re: oh the Bernie irony
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:33 AM »
Can't respond to that in an open forum.  My response would be pretty much joking, but still. . .  :P
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

punaperson

Re: oh the Bernie irony
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »
I guess the media used some "creative editing" and must have edited out the part of his sentence about the "pathetic" "politically motivated" "attacks" where he said "just like the attacks on Trump about the "Russian collusion"". Because I know he's (as well as his wife, so he says) a totally honest guy and wouldn't fail to include the thus-far-totally-unfounded months-long daily accusations against Trump as the prime example of what he is talking about.

Sanders: FBI inquiry of wife is 'pathetic' attack

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339772-sanders-fbi-inquiry-of-wife-is-pathetic-attack

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Tuesday broke his silence on an FBI inquiry into his wife Jane Sanders, calling the probe a "pathetic" and politically motivated attack.

"My wife is about the most honest person I know," Sanders said on CNN's "OutFront" Tuesday. "All that I will tell you now is it's a sad state of affairs in America when not only we have politicians being destroyed ... but when you go after people's wives. That's pretty pathetic."

Sanders also suggested in the video that the inquiry was politically motivated, but wouldn't comment further.

"That's all I'm going to say. I think it's fairly pathetic that when people are involved in public life not only do they get attacked, but their wives and their families get attacked," Sanders added.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: oh the Bernie irony
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

punaperson

Re: oh the Bernie irony
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
I can do no more than repeat the title of this thread: oh the Bernie irony

'That is an absolute lie,' Sanders says of Burlington College claims

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2017/06/30/sanders-calls-burlington-college-claims-absolute-lie/441648001/

"There are some serious allegations," Hayes said on MSNBC, noting that Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyers. "I know that you've said that this is politically motivated, but I do want to ask you on the record, face to face. The most serious allegation is that you improperly used your office to help secure financing for loans for Burlington College, and I want to ask you on the record if that's true."

"And do you know where that allegation came from?" Sanders responded. "That allegation came from the vice chairman of the Vermont Republican Party and Donald Trump's Vermont campaign state director. That is an absolute lie.

"But, you know, that's what you expect from the Trump administration and people associated with Donald Trump," Sanders continued. "These people do not choose to debate the real issues facing the American people, whether it's their disastrous health care bill, whether it's climate change, whether it's their attack on women's rights, or so many other issues."

* * * * *
Once again Bernie forgot to mention that those exact phrases apply perfectly to the whole Trump-Russia-collusion claims by Bernie's comrades. Maybe they edited that part out... again.

punaperson

Re: oh the Bernie irony
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »
Brief article touching on how the incident is reflective of some tenets of socialism (blaming "sexism", etc.). To be fair, I don't remember too many Republicans (Any? Ever?) who when confronted with evidence of wrongdoing that eventually was proven correct immediately said, "Yes. I'm a lying hypocrite criminal. I resign immediately and willingly confess to the crimes and will willingly do the time of my prison sentence".

https://patriotpost.us/articles/50238

Jane and Bernie Sanders and the Lesson of Socialism
Democrats are notorious for blaming everyone and everything else for their wrongdoings. So no surprise here.

Excerpts:

Why is it that whenever a politician (or his wife) gets caught doing something illegal, it’s never their fault? Democrats are notorious for blaming everyone and everything else for wrongdoings that surface at the most inconvenient times. Bernie and Jane Sanders find themselves in this very position.

The Sanders know this, so instead of admitting their bad decisions, Ms. Sanders cried foul, claiming that the vice chairman of the Vermont Republican Party, Brady Toensing, is going after her husband. She opined during an interview, “I find it incredibly sexist that basically he’s going after my husband by destroying my reputation, and that’s not okay.” The Boston Globe further explains, “She said Toensing’s campaign against her is sexist because it assumes her husband somehow interceded on her behalf to secure the loan to buy the new campus — an accusation she insists has no merit.”

Of course this investigation is not sexist. In fact, in cases of bank fraud (or most any other crime), one’s gender is not a determining factor in the material facts of the case. The FBI is not investigating because she is a woman and happens to be the wife of a sitting U.S. senator, but because she obtained a large loan and didn’t make payments.

Ironically, Jane and Bernie may be experiencing the greatest problem with the socialist policies that they so adore. Under socialism, at some point the government runs out of other people’s money. In the case of Burlington College, Ms. Sanders ran out of other people’s money to pay back the loans she acquired.