Tom, why exactly won't you walk in there?
Were you mistreated at some point?
Just wondering.
Yep. And they did it over a $30 item, too.
I went in there for a front sight tool for my Yugo SKS. I wanted a C-clamp style, but they didn't have one in stock. They had something else, though, and the guy said "No reason it won't work on the Yugo, it works on all of them."
Well, it didn't work on the Yugo. The grenade sight was in the way. So I took it back the next day.
"Sorry, we don't give refunds," was the answer.
"Yeah, I can see the sign, but you sold me something that does not do what you told me it would do. It's not like I changed my mind. You sold me the wrong thing, and you didn't know any better. The fault is yours, and you should make this right."
"We don't even sell that thing. You didn't get it here."
"Here's the receipt. And there are more of them hanging on the wall behind you."
"You bring that rifle of yours in here and prove to me that it doesn't work, and then maybe we'll think about it."
"I am not driving across town to bring my rifle back over here. You're going to give me my money back because the mistake is yours."
"Alright, asshole. Wait here, I'll get your money."
So, because their staff wasn't knowledgeable about their own products, I'm the asshole. Art was there, watching. Since he never stepped in, I can only believe that he approved of this style of customer abuse. Since then, not only do I not favor them with my custom, I never pass up an opportunity to share my story.