Kung Fu Movies (Read 15744 times)

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
I'll tell you something else about the movie Chinese Hercules. The big guy only said one or two lines but did so throughout the entire movie. The best line was something like "Kill 'em and dump 'em". The movie was subtitled though and not voice over. The last time he said his line the subtitle came up "F@ck 'em and dump 'em". It doesn't take much to entertain a couple of drunk off our ass high school teenagers. The rest of the night we would walk to the snack shop and back yelling "F@ck 'em and dump 'em!!!" I am sure we offended plenty of people that night.

And I can't believe how much shit we ate that night. I guess we did more than just drink.  :wacko: I can still remember seeing puddles of grease inside the curled up pieces of pepperoni on that pizza. And I remember thinking how good it was going to taste. Now I think how much it is going to keep me awake all night with heartburn. BTW, the next day it took us over an hour to get all that grease off the inside of his windshield.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Drive-in movies were a blast!!!

P.S. The skeletons are going to stay hidden. Unless I have a couple of beers. Then I might tell you a story or two......
Drive in movies.  Now that takes it back. . .  ;D

And beers can be arranged.   :thumbsup:

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 08:03:22 AM »
It's not old and not Kung fu. It's may thai..... Ong Bak!
It's badass!



Just like whisky/whiskey, I don't discriminate.   ;D  Good fight scenes/movies are all good.   :thumbsup:

Wow hope they didn't have to do multiple takes on that one.

I've always wondered if actors really got into it during some fight scenes.  I'm sure they hit each other by accident.  Then one of them starts going at it harder, and then the other, next thing you know, it's a "real" fight. 

Inspector

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »
...And beers can be arranged.   :thumbsup:
Anytime my friend, anytime.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Rocky

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
Gee, I'm at a loss here as all the KF movies I remember were in black and white.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 11:21:50 AM »
Gee, I'm at a loss here as all the KF movies I remember were in black and white.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rocky, those black and white movies weren't KF movies those were the Japanese horror movies starring Godzilla.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »
Gee, I'm at a loss here as all the KF movies I remember were in black and white.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It helps to buy a color TV. . . Just sayin'

 ;D

K30l4

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »

Rocky

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 04:38:29 PM »
Gee, I'm at a loss here as all the KF movies I remember were in black and white.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drk1000
"It helps to buy a color TV. . . Just sayin' "   ;D

Not invented yet ya young wipper snapper  :grrr: !  (Old man Emoji here)


Inspector
"Rocky, those black and white movies weren't KF movies those were the Japanese horror movies starring Godzilla.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "

Ya mean Charlie Chan is not Jackie Chans Grampa ?  ???
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »
Oceanic channel 36 El Rey network has some old school Kung fu movies today starting at 1:00pm and Sunday starting at 7:00am.
They have every week.
It's a Mexico channel.
Good lucha Libre wrestling too on Wednesdays.

drck1000

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
Oceanic channel 36 El Rey network has some old school Kung fu movies today starting at 1:00pm and Sunday starting at 7:00am.
They have every week.
It's a Mexico channel.
Good lucha Libre wrestling too on Wednesdays.
Interesting.  I'll have to check that out.  Well, the kung fu movies part.  Probably not the wrasslin'.  Unless they have ultra hotties on there.  Like those Spanish weather hotties!   :P

Mr. Farknocker

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
My parents use to drag me and my brothers and sister to Empress Theater to watch Shao Brother's Kung Fu movies on a regular basis. I remember the lines were long and snaked around the corner along Beretania. They were ridiculous when I watched them back then an are hilarious now. Could not get over the lousy British dubbing and common expressions like "Damn  you!" or "R-E-V-E-N-G-E !!!!!". Bad guys took forever to die or just refused to die and the facial expessions were exagerated. I can't watch them anymore because they are too painfully funny to watch. The movies are still good for a few laughs with drunks at a party. 

stangzilla

Re: Kung Fu Movies
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »
Interesting.  I'll have to check that out.  Well, the kung fu movies part.  Probably not the wrasslin'.  Unless they have ultra hotties on there.  Like those Spanish weather hotties!   :P

They actually do have some hotties. If you like the type that might give you a beat down too.  :geekdanc:
I kind of like it.