Be sure to check out the story of the cop's "very dangerous... assault rifle" (Will Espero) that was stolen out of his "subsidized vehicle" while parked overnight "near his home" at
http://khon2.com/2017/07/28/concerns-raised-after-rifle-stolen-from-police-officers-subsidized-vehicle/The "still" image for the video report includes an
officer walking across the crosswalk talking on his phone! Another case of do as you're told, not as I do, as "I'm a cop and exempt from the laws that control (and I enforce against) you peons". You can see the cop walking and talking at the same time at 1:37.
Then the cops use this argument against them having to be subject to the same laws as everyone else (i.e. non-cops):
"Thefts of officer equipment are rare."
So what do these numbers mean if "rare" is a valid criterion for and justification for laws existing or not?
Crime rate per 100k people:
General population: 3,817
Police officers: 108
Legal CCW: 18
Prretty sure the only conclusion using the "rare" rationale is that fewer cops should be carrying guns and way more than zero citizens should be carrying in public. Perhaps they only selectively cherry-pick their application of the "rare" rationale?
