I hear ya FJ
But its refreshing to hear entertainers express different viewpoints that are not the trending group think.
On an emotional, feel good basis, I agree with that.
I have never fallen into the American Idol mindset where my ideals need to be reinforced through sheer numbers or celebrity endorsement. I often enjoy movies more when the critics declare them to be stinkers. Go figure.
It's my wish that Hollywood types could learn enough about politics to actually have a logical, fact-based opinion. Unfortunately, they spend their lives in make-believe, and the Conservatives there often find themselves shunned and out of work for breaking with the pack.
If they feel the need to voice an unpopular opinion, that's their decision. It makes no difference to me, nor does it impact my life one iota.
The worst thing about Celebs and politics is: there are vacant-minded voters who are star-struck enough to have that be the reason for voting as the celeb votes. That alone is reason enough to request celebs keep their political opinions to themselves. They can raise money for charities, donate to save the polar bears, and attend fund raisers for their candidates. But giving their candidates free campaign time seems inappropriate to me somehow. Free speech is great, but free political ad time should be met with equal time for other candidates in some way.