Beth Chapman in Coma (Read 9636 times)

changemyoil66

Beth Chapman in Coma
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
So to show how the TV twist things, I read the comments on FB and everyone is acting like she's an angel.

My UH professor had an interaction with her years ago.  He's a ref for Pop Warner football (little kids).  As refs, parking spots are saved for them with a cone so this way the game can start on time.  If not the ref may be looking around for parking.  And in this instance, he was.  Ref was running late so the cone was in a stall for him.  Here comes Beth and she drives her SUV over the cone into the stall.  They tell her it's saved for the ref and he's on his way.  The children's football game can't start until he gets here.  She begins to mouth off at my professor and the other refs.

Granted, she is correct that anyone is allowed to park there, but she didn't have to be a bitch about it.  She even told the regs to call the cops on her.

And if you ever watch the show, they're not doing what they do to help change people, they're only looking after their interest which is the bond.  Because to go after someones collateral takes way more time and effort.  And if they were really there to help, they would let people who have pages of priors sit in jail instead of posting a bond for them to make money.

So I could care less if she recovers from the coma.  Just my 2 cents.

ren

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »
I watched the show often when it first appeared and I was a fan - until I took a few steps back and pondered who really "fought" crime. It wasn't them. The people that really put their lives on the line do it everyday at way less pay. They don't seek fame either. It's a tragedy for the family. I have compassion for Beth and her family. I'm not a fan or admire them based on their negative portrayal of Hawaii and narcissism. That's it.
I certainly was irritated by Mr. Chapman's statement towards the doctor trying to help.
https://www.insideedition.com/dog-bounty-hunter-overcome-emotion-he-describes-wifes-cancer-battle-shes-my-honey-38434

“To me she's my little girl — she's my honey,” he said, trying to hold back his emotion. “I told the doctors, ‘[If] she dies, you die. I don't mean to threaten you. I am a nice person, but if she dies, you die.'"

His statement was a veiled threat. A NICE person wouldn't say things like that. If I was the doctor I would step away from the patient.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:37:24 PM »
I remember a country in which we did not wish death on others for no other reason than disliking the person.

That could be you in that hospital bed.  Show some class and empathy.

I think there should be lines you don't cross when it comes to voicing opinions of people during a medical and health crisis. 


Just my opinion. 

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »
Im just letting people know how she really is. Majority on fb are saying shes such a good person and wish her a quick recovery, blah blah blah. And im going to assume because how the TV portrays her.

If feinstein, obama, waters, schumer, ihman, etc... went into a coma, would u wish them a quick recovery so they can get back to work?

I dont wish more bad juju, but i wont pray for her or them either. Got my reasons. And if u want to do the above, then feel free. Its your prayers, not mine.







Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Im just letting people know how she really is. Majority on fb are saying shes such a good person and wish her a quick recovery, blah blah blah. And im going to assume because how the TV portrays her.

If feinstein, obama, waters, schumer, ihman, etc... went into a coma, would u wish them a quick recovery so they can get back to work?

I dont wish more bad juju, but i wont pray for her or them either. Got my reasons. And if u want to do the above, then feel free. Its your prayers, not mine.




Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One question:  What difference in your life does it make if someone you don't know has an opposing opinion of someone else you never met?

Seems like it must matter quite a lot to make you take to the keyboard and let 'people know how she really is."

And your hypothetical deflection doesn't change my opinion.  We live in a world with other people who are going to have opinions and do things we don't like.  But being glad they are suffering, perhaps dying, shows more about who you are than how bad they may have been -- which, after all, is just your opinion.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

ren

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »
I understand your perspective. I thought about that too. Their arrogance. Their narcissism that they display on TV. They definitely have fame and fortune on their side. I wish all that could have gone to better people but these are human rewards. Our society doesn't reward the best of people. It's a human flaw, I suppose. It is sad and they have my sympathy.
But take a few steps back and realize that they can't enjoy the 2a because of their past crimes.
You still have that RIGHT that were once theirs and taken away. So in summary all that fame and fortune will never get back a right.
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
Confirmed they are not good people. I worked on the show when they were doing damage control for Dogʻs racist phone message to his son for marrying a black woman. One time I was driving Makapuu and she passed me on a blind curve with a huge plumes of cannabis smoke pouring out the window. Cancer sucks but at least this way she is not taking any innocent bystanders with her when she goes.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »
One question:  What difference in your life does it make if someone you don't know has an opposing opinion of someone else you never met?

Seems like it must matter quite a lot to make you take to the keyboard and let 'people know how she really is."

And your hypothetical deflection doesn't change my opinion.  We live in a world with other people who are going to have opinions and do things we don't like.  But being glad they are suffering, perhaps dying, shows more about who you are than how bad they may have been -- which, after all, is just your opinion.
The diff is i dont make a scene and feel the need to yell at people. The football game isnt the 1st time she acted like that. I think there was a recent taco bell incident also and once she realized there was a camera on, she became a lot nicer.

You can be right about something, and not be a jerk about it.

Like how all those criminals who have pages of priors finally get killed by the police or law abiding whom they tried to harm. Then all of a sudden, prayers for them or "he was a good guy" type of post come out. They also have no sympothy from me.

Or how about dont post bail for someone who has pages of priors. The guys who broke into my car and almost ran my neighbor over, 2 of then were out and had warrants. Maybe if they were stuck in jail, my car would have been not damaged and the benz they stole which they had the keys for (home invasion earlier that night) wouldnt have been totalled.

But prayers for them if they ever get seriouslly injured.

But like i said, u can wish good juju on who ever u want to. And ill save my juju for better people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 10:19:40 PM »
Confirmed they are not good people. I worked on the show when they were doing damage control for Dogʻs racist phone message to his son for marrying a black woman. One time I was driving Makapuu and she passed me on a blind curve with a huge plumes of cannabis smoke pouring out the window. Cancer sucks but at least this way she is not taking any innocent bystanders with her when she goes.

I was unaware one can discern tobacco smoke from cannabis smoke visually while driving around a blind curve.

Learned something new. 

Her cancer was reportedly from a lifetime of smoking tobacco.

My mother's life-long best friend battled throat cancer for decades.  That lady's brother died about two years after she was diagnosed -- same cancer.  The worst part was going through treatment, getting a clear diagnosis, then fearing every follow-up test that the cancer has returned.  That's apparently Beth's story -- diagnosed, treated, remission, returned & untreatable.

Throat cancer is not anything I'd wish on anyone no matter how "not good" they might have been.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »
The diff is i dont make a scene and feel the need to yell at people. The football game isnt the 1st time she acted like that. I think there was a recent taco bell incident also and once she realized there was a camera on, she became a lot nicer.

You can be right about something, and not be a jerk about it.

Like how all those criminals who have pages of priors finally get killed by the police or law abiding whom they tried to harm. Then all of a sudden, prayers for them or "he was a good guy" type of post come out. They also have no sympothy from me.

Or how about dont post bail for someone who has pages of priors. The guys who broke into my car and almost ran my neighbor over, 2 of then were out and had warrants. Maybe if they were stuck in jail, my car would have been not damaged and the benz they stole which they had the keys for (home invasion earlier that night) wouldnt have been totalled.

But prayers for them if they ever get seriouslly injured.

But like i said, u can wish good juju on who ever u want to. And ill save my juju for better people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not telling you to do anything.  I'm just saying I was raised in a time where people understood that death and sickness can come for anyone.  It doesn't matter how good or bad you lived your life.

Maybe when you're diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer, you'll figure out that speaking ill of the dead and dying serves no good purpose.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

punaperson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 06:40:57 AM »
I'm not telling you to do anything.  I'm just saying I was raised in a time where people understood that death and sickness can come for anyone.  It doesn't matter how good or bad you lived your life.

Maybe when you're diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer, you'll figure out that speaking ill of the dead and dying serves no good purpose.
I was going to try and counter your arguments with logic, but then I read your tagline and realized there'd be no point...

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
I was going to try and counter your arguments with logic, but then I read your tagline and realized there'd be no point...

So, you have no logic with which to counter my opinion, but wanted to post a jab anyway.

Typical.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:35:34 AM »
Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone, even folks I didn't get along with.  I mean I might wish they stub their toe or hit their knee on a corner of a coffee table.

Cancer has touched many of my loved ones.  #fcukcancer

changemyoil66

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 08:55:56 AM »
I think there may be some misunderstandings.  I didn't wish cancer or anything on Beth.  I'm just not going to hope/pray she gets out of her coma.  But at the same time, I'm not hoping she stays in her coma either.  I could take it or leave it.  To be honest, I never knew why she was in a coma, I didn't click on the article, just read the headline that said she's in a coma.

I posted my story and stuff because the majority of FB made her out to be  a saint, which she is not.  And those who have had interactions with her or know someone who has would probably say the same.  I actually had a friend msg me his story about her at a phone store.  Same thing, she didn't get her way and was raising hell, then called dog to come and rescue her. 

Same situation when some career, life long criminal gets killed.  The family and friends respond "he was a good kid" type of BS.  I wanted some people to be awoke and know the truth.  And if anyone didn't know how she really is, but now does and still wants to send prayers, then that's fine. 

Another example, that Kaahanui guy that was found that he "committed suicide" a few months ago on the side of the road after shooting/pointing a gun at some tourist.  I know the family and all their FB post were "he's a good guy".  Well I knew of him also and he is not a good guy.  Maybe he was good to them because they're family/friends, but to others he was a prick/trouble maker.  But same thing as Beth, everyone on their timeline was posting prayers for him and stuff like that.  I didn't post anything.  I wanted to post what I really thought, but I don't want to burn the friendship.  That is what's wrong with the world today, people don't get called out on the trouble they cause or laws they break.

If anyone thinks I'm a bad person for my feelings of her or criminals, then that's fine also.

drck1000

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 09:08:46 AM »
I think there may be some misunderstandings.  I didn't wish cancer or anything on Beth.  I'm just not going to hope/pray she gets out of her coma.  But at the same time, I'm not hoping she stays in her coma either.  I could take it or leave it.  To be honest, I never knew why she was in a coma, I didn't click on the article, just read the headline that said she's in a coma.

I posted my story and stuff because the majority of FB made her out to be  a saint, which she is not.  And those who have had interactions with her or know someone who has would probably say the same.  I actually had a friend msg me his story about her at a phone store.  Same thing, she didn't get her way and was raising hell, then called dog to come and rescue her. 

Same situation when some career, life long criminal gets killed.  The family and friends respond "he was a good kid" type of BS.  I wanted some people to be awoke and know the truth.  And if anyone didn't know how she really is, but now does and still wants to send prayers, then that's fine. 

Another example, that Kaahanui guy that was found that he "committed suicide" a few months ago on the side of the road after shooting/pointing a gun at some tourist.  I know the family and all their FB post were "he's a good guy".  Well I knew of him also and he is not a good guy.  Maybe he was good to them because they're family/friends, but to others he was a prick/trouble maker.  But same thing as Beth, everyone on their timeline was posting prayers for him and stuff like that.  I didn't post anything.  I wanted to post what I really thought, but I don't want to burn the friendship.  That is what's wrong with the world today, people don't get called out on the trouble they cause or laws they break.

If anyone thinks I'm a bad person for my feelings of her or criminals, then that's fine also.
I hear ya and my comments weren't directed at you.  Just sharing my opinion.  I think I understand what you're saying and you're VERY free to express your opinions.

Personally, I've had encounters with Tim and Leland Chapman.  Both instances left me with the impression that they are asshats that let their fake celebrity inflate their already inflated egos.  Walking around like they are untouchable.  Much like how the Jersey Shore folks are famous because of their stupid antics and feel that they are all that.

Anyways, medically induced coma.  They administer drugs to put her out as she was combative when they were trying to treat her. 

changemyoil66

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 09:18:29 AM »
I've met Tim a few times prior to the show and he was much cooler then.  But once the show took off, I noticed his attitude changed.  Not a prick attitude like Beth and Dog, but more of a haimakamaka. 

Plus he got caught jerking it in the parking lot...oops I mean changing his pants because he spilt OJ on it.

macsak

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 09:33:21 AM »
ask me about "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!" in person when you see me
it's a long story

RSN172

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 09:48:19 AM »
Well she kicked the bucket at 0532 today.
Happily living in Puna

punaperson

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2019, 09:52:38 AM »
Well she kicked the bucket at 0532 today.
So now the husband is going to kill the doctor like he threatened? Hope those "reality TV" cameras are rolling.

changemyoil66

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »
So now the husband is going to kill the doctor like he threatened? Hope those "reality TV" cameras are rolling.

You mean Dog will do a BJ Penn at Femmnu.  He fought a security guard over the weekend outside a bar.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:20:07 PM by changemyoil66 »