Wouldn’t 2 be illegal also since you’re not a licensed seller of ammo ?
As I read it, we can’t even post ammo for sale in the classifieds unless we apply for licensing.
(If it passed)
I have lower receivers registered as multiple.
Can I buy .556, .223, 7.62x39, 300 BLK, all under the same receiver ?
I’m guessing I would but that someone at HPD’s head might spin
If you have the uppers, mags and other required components to use multiple calibers in the same firearm, then my opinion would be you can buy and possess ammo in any - or all - of those calibers.
I have .357 revolvers that shoot .38 caliber ammo (including my Ruger 3" SP101

).
I have a bolt action rifle that shoots .17 WinMag, .22 Long Rifle and .22 Magnum ammo with the proper barrel installed.
Then there are the conversion kits:
I can convert my P320 to 9mm, .45ACP, .357SIG and/or .40S&W. Each conversion kit can be purchased with no permits, registrations or interstate sales restrictions.
Lots of people have .22LR conversion kits for practice with their larger caliber handguns.
There are insert kits that let you shoot nearly every popular caliber of shotgun, rifle and handgun ammo made -- for the survival / SHTF crowd.
https://www.gunadapters.com/kits-1/Seems like HPD will be forced to ensure registrations list all specific calibers your guns are capable of accepting so your "permitted ammo caliber/s" can be documented.
That begs the question, how can a LGS verify you are allowed to purchase a given caliber of ammo? Will HPD start issuing licenses for gun owners listing the calibers? Will HPD offer online access to registration info? Are gun owners going to be required to carry their registrations (and guns?) to the store to buy ammo?
The mechanics of implementing this poor idea will be worse than the legal impacts.