Best friend lives in central OR. The stuff he relates about Portland would be hard to believe if not him telling it.
Amazing the crap those antifart types keep pulling off and none have been wasted by a legal CCW citizen.
I also have family in OR. We spread all over after we escaped Cailf.
On the CCW. I carried for years in Seattle, My adopted sister carries in OR,
as does my cousin.
Generally, if you are in public, you are required to attempt to retreat.
If you have a CCW, you are not a cop, you can only protect yourself, or
someone else in physical danger that they can't get away from.
General rule is once you pull out your weapon you must use it,
unless the attack immediately stops.
It is called "brandishment" otherwise and you will be the Criminal now.
That is why Hawaii is so stupid about CCW. No blood baths will occur.
Worst things are armed cops, as they can get away with murder.
A armed citizen has to dot all the I's and all the T's as the citizen
is automatically presumed guilty.