Sure you want to be a cop? (Read 39400 times)

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2020, 04:36:58 PM »
Ok.  So what makes you SO sure that the officer handled it incorrectly? 

Well, how about this one.  What other considerations are you factoring into how YOU would handle the situation?  Are you positive you have all of the information that the officer had?  Well, other than WaPo facts. . .

You call many on here judgemental, quick to judge and execute, etc.  What makes you any different or better?

First, from what little martial arts training, I have received, I never go to engage anyone that I suspect is armed or going for their arms.  I manage the distance and/or flee, at the first safest opportunity.

Second, posters are quick to judge me relentlessly, so I return the favor.  Its funny though, when I return the favor, those posters get mad, as if I am not allowed to tag them back.

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »
His opinions always start from a position of hate and bias.  Then he scours the Internet to confirm that bias.

No big mystery.
Haters gonna hate!   ;)

macsak

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2020, 04:41:03 PM »
You giving up?  Wuss. . .  ;D

your boss is an asshole

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
First, from what little martial arts training, I have received, I never go to engage anyone that I suspect is armed or going for their arms.  I manage the distance and/or flee, at the first safest opportunity.

Second, posters are quick to judge me relentlessly, so I return the favor.  Its funny though, when I return the favor, those posters get mad, as if I am not allowed to tag them back.
First, totally different context LE and you. Slightly changing gears, while I don’t disagree with avoid confrontation as a first instinct, sometimes an attacker isn’t going to give you the luxury of choice. Again, you’re mixing contexts.

Second, you’re positing on a forum and have such thin skin. Learn to ignore and scroll on.

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2020, 04:42:08 PM »
your boss is an asshole
Not now. He’s having a beer, so all good.  ;D

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
First, totally different context LE and you. Slightly changing gears, while I don’t disagree with avoid confrontation as a first instinct, sometimes an attacker isn’t going to give you the luxury of choice. Again, you’re mixing contexts.
From the video, Blake was walking back to his car.  Whether he was reaching for a knife, that is unknown.  The problem is that, if everyone is making the argument that Blake was going, for a weapon; unloading 7rds into his back, before making that determination, appears to premature, IMHO, which only follows the infamous shoot first and find excuses later, premise.



Second, you’re positing on a forum and have such thin skin. Learn to ignore and scroll on.
That is awesome advice that I thank you for.   :shaka:

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
:hmm:

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2020, 05:01:43 PM »
:hmm:

Maybe a knife or large set of keys?

If it was a knife, then why did Officer Sheskey, take the risk, to pursue Blake so closely and yank his shirt?

Looking forward to hear his excuse, on this matter.

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
Maybe a knife or large set of keys?

If it was a knife, then why did Officer Sheskey, take the risk, to pursue Blake so closely and yank his shirt?

Looking forward to hear his excuse, on this matter.
That he doesn’t have the same martial arts training as you do?

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »
That he doesn’t have the same martial arts training as you do?

Why he had to unload his service weapon the way he did?

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2020, 05:14:11 PM »
Why he had to unload his service weapon the way he did?
Why didn’t Blake comply?

ren

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »
if this happened in 1898...
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2020, 05:30:33 PM »
if this happened in 1898...
Only Inspector would remember  ;D

aieahound

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »
if this happened in 1898...
Only Inspector would remember  ;D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It really doesn’t look good for Officer Sheskey with three officers on scene.
How far he traveled with guns drawn on him.
They drew guns. He was already perceived as a threat.
Didn’t think he was gonna get in his car? ( guy looks like he’s making a beeline for the drivers door. )
The shirt pull technique? (Could be this replace the choke hold due to protests.)

My daughter and I were discussing it.
I was arguing stupid games, stupid prizes.
She asked, whatever he did he deserve to be killed ?

Edit: that was before we knew he survived.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 06:36:54 PM by aieahound »

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It really doesn’t look good for Officer Sheskey with three officers on scene.
How far he traveled with guns drawn on him.
They drew guns. He was already perceived as a threat.
Didn’t think he was gonna get in his car? ( guy looks like he’s making a beeline for the drivers door. )
The shirt pull technique? (Could be this replace the choke hold due to protests.)

My daughter and I were discussing it.
I was arguing stupid games, stupid prizes.
She asked, whatever he did he deserve to be killed ?
People don’t always get what they deserve. Easy to be young an naive.

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »
Why didn’t Blake comply?

That is not the issue.

The issue Is whether shooting a suspect, in the back, is the correct course of action, if the goal was to apprehend the suspect?

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2020, 06:54:43 PM »
That is not the issue.

The issue Is whether shooting a suspect, in the back, is the correct course of action, if the goal was to apprehend the suspect?
Why isn’t it that the issue? Because you say so? Psssh.

If Blake complied, would he have gotten “executed point blank with 7 rounds?   Just like I’d you don’t want to get shot, you might not want to try breaking into my house. Consequences for bad actions. If not, enabling bad behavior.

Kuleana

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »
Why isn’t it that the issue? Because you say so? Psssh.
I don't think anyone is challenging the cops prerogative to arrest Blake.

People are challenging, whether the shooting of Blake, in his back, was legally justified?  Was the officer facing an immediate threat of death, the moment right before shooting Blake?  What is so hard to understand about that?



If Blake complied, would he have gotten “executed point blank with 7 rounds?   Just like I’d you don’t want to get shot, you might not want to try breaking into my house. Consequences for bad actions. If not, enabling bad behavior.
I am glad you stated the above.

"If Rittenhouse did not decide to violate the law and carry an AR-15, while underage, he may have not been, in the shooting situation that led to him killing two and injuring another."

drck1000

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2020, 07:31:54 PM »
I don't think anyone is challenging the cops prerogative to arrest Blake.

People are challenging, whether the shooting of Blake, in his back, was legally justified?  Was the officer facing an immediate threat of death, the moment right before shooting Blake?  What is so hard to understand about that?


I am glad you stated the above.

"If Rittenhouse did not decide to violate the law and carry an AR-15, while underage, he may have not been, in the shooting situation that led to him killing two and injuring another."
I wasn’t challenging anything with Blake being legally justified. I was challenging your judgement that it wasn’t.

Look back at my posts. I didn’t say anything about whether or not what he did was legal.

Damn. Learn how to read.

macsak

Re: Sure you want to be a cop?
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2020, 07:44:14 PM »
Not now. He’s having a beer, so all good.  ;D

even after having a beer, your boss is an asshole
he's just easier to take after I've had a beer or two...