Pretty broad brush you paint with.
I get pissed at every jury summons I get.
I'm retired.
My BIL is a cop.
I'm an engineer.
I hate drug laws.
I don't believe anything the government says.
I hate Lawyers.
I hate Democrats.
Why the fuck are you wasting my time?
Since you will never seat me on a jury!
Plus I'm pissed that my taxes paid for this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course I would be a very impassionate Juror, but that is not what lawyers want.
Truth is not in their dictionary.

This case should have never seen the inside of a courtroom.
The prosecution should have known this was a clear cut case of self defense. Did they not depose their own star witness? Was it really a surprise when he admitted Kyle only shot him AFTER he pointed his Glock at Kyle as he ran up on him?
They should have offered a plea deal on the under 18 with a firearm charge in exchange for dropping all the rest. They could have gotten a conviction, Kyle would have likely gotten probation, and all this time, money and energy could have been spent more productively.
I don't know how much his defense team charged him, but it's not enough! He was facing spending the rest of his life in prison. Even with an incompetent prosecution, a different jury might have gone the other way if the defense was less prepared.
I read they'd raised over $2M for defense costs. Think about that before you decide to carry a firearm in public without some kind of carry insurance.