Thanks guys, I agree Federal SD offerings interest me a lot. Also all the others like Gold Dot, and that weird Ruger Polymer/ copper dust phillips screw driver looking bullet, LOL!
I want to try them all!
But I realize that the offerings are somewhat limited to what the LGS's bring in. When I was at the LGS they had this "pink box" SD loads I forget what brand. Supposed to be a "light" defensive load, for recoil sensitive people, some women, and elderly I guess.
But I plan to get that box in the future and try it out. I figure with the P365 being a micro pistol the combination might be perfect for rapid fire and accuracy with the reality being SD scenarios will most likely be up close and personal.
Thanks for all the input!
So yesterday I finally got off my ass and headed down to the range.
I fired my one box of Hornady Critical Duty rounds through my p365 pistol and everything went fine. It was only 25 rounds though. No hiccups.
I then fired 100 rounds of regular Remington 115 gr. range loads. So far I put 250 rounds of range ammo and 25 rounds of hollow points through the gun and didn't have a problem.
I know I have to visit the range more than once every 3 months or so because I just plain suck. The RSO on duty offered some pointers on trigger control and I used their arm carpet rests so I can focus on trigger control while stabilizing my arms.
I also brought my rifles, planning to spend half the time at pistol and the remainder half at rifle but I felt I should concentrate on pistol when I realized how bad my technique was. RSO laughed and said I should come to the range to practice more often than once every 3 months because it's easy to "unlearn" the fundamentals, especially with pistol.
I agree. But.....range too far, lol!
