===============
I'm retiring soon and will be getting rid of my large V8 SUV shortly thereafter.
It's a Ford Expedition with a 5.4 and glorious Flowmaster mufflers.
Nuthin' like the sound of a V8 and Flowmasters when you're merging on to the freeway. 
If you own it , why?
I own a 2001 Ford Explorer sport 4WD,
A 2002 VW Golf TDI,
A 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 4WD,
and a 2004 Mazda B4000 4WD.
together they all cost less than any one 4WD on the market today.
all told around $24,000 for all of them. I've probably put in $2,000 for parts and tools for repair.
I do my own work.
Due to the nature of my property I need 4WD.
I occasionally need to tow stuff, go to the dump, go hunting on Mauna Kea, and transport lots of people.
So I have lots of vehicles. When you retire you probably won't drive as much and most new cars be
they EV or ICE are way too expensive.
Want to save the environment? buy a DUI Moped.
