I was just reading the BI requirements for a permit. You have to sign away attorney client, doctor patient, husband wife confidentiality among others. WTF?? I would never do that. That where you just exercise your right to protect yourself. Seriously, if you carried without a permit and made sure no one ever saw your weapon, you would never get caught with it. Then if you ever had to use it to save your life or that of someone you dearly loved, or prevent serious bodily harm, would you think I better not use it, I might go to prison for 5 or more years. Well you might not be alive to go to prison or you might be beaten so badly you end up a vegetable for the rest of your life. I will be 73 in 2.5 months. The person who tries to assaults me will probably be bigger, stronger, faster and 30 to 50 years younger than me with a criminal record. A jury will probably not even convict me given my age and no criminal record. I'll take my chances. No way I am signing away my privacy rights and giving my passwords so BI cops can go look at everything I do just to get a highly restricted permit to carry.