new Garmin Chronograph (Read 23150 times)

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2024, 04:40:16 PM »
Deeds Not Words

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2024, 06:41:57 PM »
that was fast! came in 2 days, just in time for the range tomorrow.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2024, 07:53:01 PM »
that was fast! came in 2 days, just in time for the range tomorrow.

How fast was it?

I mean, it's supposed to tell you that, right?

 :geekdanc: :shaka:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2024, 04:25:59 PM »
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6399976

Tried several times to post some pictures but the forum wouldnt let me. but I did find that case on thingiverse and printed one, used 101% scaling because of some of the comments, fits perfect. Do you have any leads on the shade/shroud?

I love the garmin app that goes with the chrono, it gives all kinds of fancy numbers automatically without having to do the maths. The only problem I found so far is that I was playing with the app and deleted some stuff, just to see what it did. Now I want to start all over and resync my shot data but the chrono only syncs after completing a session, so I will have to wait until I can get back out to the range. Other than that the chrono is excellent and does everything everyone says it does.

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2024, 07:54:19 PM »
Tried several times to post some pictures but the forum wouldnt let me. but I did find that case on thingiverse and printed one, used 101% scaling because of some of the comments, fits perfect. Do you have any leads on the shade/shroud?

I love the garmin app that goes with the chrono, it gives all kinds of fancy numbers automatically without having to do the maths. The only problem I found so far is that I was playing with the app and deleted some stuff, just to see what it did. Now I want to start all over and resync my shot data but the chrono only syncs after completing a session, so I will have to wait until I can get back out to the range. Other than that the chrono is excellent and does everything everyone says it does.

if I could model the Garmin or make a negative from that case. Unless someone has a 3d scanner
Deeds Not Words

Rhed

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2024, 07:49:40 AM »
I actually kept the original box. Just added a piece of velcro.The cardboard material is pretty thick. It even fits a battery bank under too.

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2024, 04:17:24 PM »
I actually kept the original box. Just added a piece of velcro.The cardboard material is pretty thick. It even fits a battery bank under too.

nice, simple and effective. but I gotta justify my $400 3d printer some how lol!

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2024, 06:07:18 PM »
nice, simple and effective. but I gotta justify my $400 3d printer some how lol!

which one you got? I have a Prusa
Deeds Not Words

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2024, 04:18:29 AM »
which one you got? I have a Prusa
creality, whichever one was the top of the line a year or two ago.

astroboy

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2024, 09:32:27 AM »
I still think Ill stick with my Labradar. I think its still worth it alone to be able to run the thing on AA Batteries and any type of battery pack. *Me trying to convince my brain that I don't need another $600+ dollar chronograph  :rofl:

I will keep using my Labradar until it croaks. Who knows what will be on the market by then.
Compared to the Garmin my Labradar feels like carrying around a brick cell phone.
I am sure Labradar has taken notice of the competition and are working on the next better
mouse trap. I love devices that use easy to get batteries like AA's.   

Rhed

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2024, 01:13:11 PM »
I will keep using my Labradar until it croaks. Who knows what will be on the market by then.
Compared to the Garmin my Labradar feels like carrying around a brick cell phone.
I am sure Labradar has taken notice of the competition and are working on the next better
mouse trap. I love devices that use easy to get batteries like AA's.
LR recently announced a new model. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-labradar-lx.7204264/  From the looks of it, one must still aim the unit. While the Garmin just eye balll em, and done! It just friggin works.. I put my LR in the storage already.

ren

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2024, 04:19:11 PM »
LR recently announced a new model. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-labradar-lx.7204264/  From the looks of it, one must still aim the unit. While the Garmin just eye balll em, and done! It just friggin works.. I put my LR in the storage already.

If LR intro'd this at half the price of the Garmin.
Deeds Not Words

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2024, 07:13:19 PM »
yeah... I doubt labradar will be able to recover the market share that garmin has taken away. It doesnt look good for them.

Rhed

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2024, 10:00:22 PM »
That’s probably the only way they’d come back at the top, maybe. I think $399 for the new LR would be appealing.

astroboy

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2024, 11:09:45 PM »
That’s probably the only way they’d come back at the top, maybe. I think $399 for the new LR would be appealing.


and / or give a turn in discount for buyers of the old model. LR customer service has some serious
fences to mend with their customers.They could end up like Colt.

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2024, 06:26:29 AM »
Follow up on the syncing issue, I went yesterday and it wont sync the old sessions, only new ones as you finish them. I assume that in certain cases you could finish a session and the sync wouldnt happen on your phone, so you would never be able to get that data into the cell phone app. Even though it all still exists on the chrono. Hopefully they update the chrono so it can send old shot session data to the phone.

randay

Re: new Garmin Chronograph
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2024, 06:48:06 AM »
Chronod the nephews pump air rifle and slingshot just for fun. worked flawlessly. pretty impressive. I wonder if all the new chronos from caldwell and LR will perform as well as the garmin.