I'm gonna go off topic here but I don't want to start a new thread just to say:
The RAIL project is the worst, money wasting, bullshit endeavor ever taken on in Hawaii.
The huge majority of people in Hawaii is saying to themselves "I'm not gonna use it.....let the other fuckers use it."
I think the only ones that wanted this damn thing so badly were the construction unions...... 
That, and the people in the inside of the planning who went around buying up land, who then sold that land to the state for the rail at multiples over fair market value.
There's an investigation supposedly going on about that. I predict nothing will ever happen to those people. They're insiders.
The project is costly several times what the people approving it were briefed. It's taking so long, any cars that were going to be replaced by rail riders have been completely negated by population growth in non-rail-served areas.
Simply arguing for mass transit will not help solve any climate change or other problems. Rail doesn't go everywhere. People will be forced to drive or take buses to and from home, work shopping, etc. and the stations.
We would have been better served by building bus "flyovers." Basically elevated roads that replace the zipper lanes and connect areas with the most people going to and from there.
Rail runs on HECO power, generated by burning mostly oil.
Rail fixes no actual problems.