How's the line at HPD? (Read 1467840 times)

Heavies

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
Actually the problem is in the State laws  about firearms and registration.

I'm wondering How many people wanting to register/buy guns are HRA members.

How many are willing to bug their legislators about Changing the law and it's requirements.

Bet if HRA had 10,000 dues paying members and 500 came out to PICKET like we did in the 90s

the legislators will pay attention.

Membership in HRA and paid up Dues means a bigger better PAC to lobby the legislature in January.

If only 30/40 people turn out to Public gun hearings, don't expect changes.

If 100+ turn out to testify and jam up their hearings, they'll be Forced to pay attention.

Find the worst Anti 2A  legislator and Picket his fundraisers, that'll get news coverage.

Get your Wife out Picketting, the news cameras will pay attention.

Wife made KHON 2 news in her Mamo Howell muu muu, she got inerviewed.

Buy her a nice dinner afterwards,  I did.

You also NEED to have a copy of:  Hawaii Directory of Elected Officials 2013.

Should be out by end of December, before start of legislature.

Lists EVERY official in County and State government with their phone number and Fax number.

Get at least 3 copies.  One for home, one for work and one just in case.

Grumbling here will get you no place, go grumble at the legislators.

BTW, make sure that you are a Registered voter when you call, they will check.  None voters get no attention.

Be Nice and Polite and they will listen.  Otherwise the staff will cut you off.

;D ;D ^^THIS!!^^ ;D ;D                  :popcorn:

Jl808

How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
Hi Oldguy -- How about passing flyers at the HPD line to let people know what can be done?

I'm all for doing a concerted effort to get our legislators to fix these laws. Maybe we can get an online petition started.

Lmk if HRA needs a volunteer. I'm sure it's easy enough to get a legislative action section set up on the HRA website.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Funtimes

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
What I don't understand is, why can't we just pick up forms, or print them out online?  Then, we can fill them out, at our leisure, and turn them in, when we are done.  The registration room is so small, there is no space to sit down, to fill these forms out.  This is beyond insanity.

We could almost do that for most of the paperwork as is.  I have some of the documents, but getting people to print them and take them would probably be slim to none chance.  We can't have the permit paper done already because its got carbon copies.  I have copies of the paperwork for all the islands - I believe.  I would have to get into the closet and look in the file cabinet. When I did the permit initiative a few years ago, I was able to get paperwork from almost everyone.  Kauai tried to hold out, but ACLU put a boot up their ass for me and told them to cough up the paperwork.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

fstbckgt

Re: Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »
They should do that ALL the time.  A good majority of the time, 50% or more people are only waiting to pickup their permits.
Yeah, of all the times I've gone to HPD they've only come out to ask on one occasion and it was during APEC when the outer door was closed.

WTF?Shane

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
There was an older gentleman on Friday that had a clipboard passed out to start a petition. I forgot the details but it mentioned HRA and I believe it was about the registration process.

Also, the past couple times I've been there I filled out one of the suggestion/comment forms on the table near the door. Me and a few others in line commented about it and they filled some out too.

Heavies

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
So, when does 'reasonable regulation' become unresonable??  Waiting all day to comply with the law sure sounds unresonable to me...

viet_ladin

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
We could almost do that for most of the paperwork as is.  I have some of the documents, but getting people to print them and take them would probably be slim to none chance.  We can't have the permit paper done already because its got carbon copies.  I have copies of the paperwork for all the islands - I believe.  I would have to get into the closet and look in the file cabinet. When I did the permit initiative a few years ago, I was able to get paperwork from almost everyone.  Kauai tried to hold out, but ACLU put a boot up their ass for me and told them to cough up the paperwork.

Well, the permit papers only need to be signed.  It's the background check paper work, that take a long time to fill out.  Thing is, what will HPD say, when you show up with completed papers, when they know you didn't fill it out there?  They could tell you that it's not valid, and that you would have to fill out everything again, at HPD.  I don't know if this is true, but I heard from someo that a long time ago, you could ask for the paper work, and you could just take it with you, to fill out.  This is just hearsay.  Perhaps an old timer, might be able to validate this.

Funtimes

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Well, the permit papers only need to be signed.  It's the background check paper work, that take a long time to fill out.  Thing is, what will HPD say, when you show up with completed papers, when they know you didn't fill it out there?  They could tell you that it's not valid, and that you would have to fill out everything again, at HPD.  I don't know if this is true, but I heard from someo that a long time ago, you could ask for the paper work, and you could just take it with you, to fill out.  This is just hearsay.  Perhaps an old timer, might be able to validate this.

I have been threatened with arrest for leaving with their paperwork - true story.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

WTF?Shane

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
I don't know if this is true, but I heard from someo that a long time ago, you could ask for the paper work, and you could just take it with you, to fill out.  This is just hearsay.  Perhaps an old timer, might be able to validate this.

I was at the door waiting for my turn and some guy walked in to asked if he can get the paperwork. The man behind the window told him to wait in line.

sound wave

  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
  • Total likes: 7
  • 1,540 meters per second
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
I have been threatened with arrest for leaving with their paperwork - true story.
what would the charges have been?  stealing city and county property?

Funtimes

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
what would the charges have been?  stealing city and county property?

Actually yeah.  If we didn't have stuff going on, I would have no ballsed them.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

viet_ladin

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
I have been threatened with arrest for leaving with their paperwork - true story.

Wow.  That is messed up.   :wtf:

Hunter1007

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to the site. Here is my 2 cents. I believe that all this panic buying is a good thing. What??? Wait hear me out. Among all these panic buyers is a large amount of first time buyers. Sure they may be posers or not serious about gun ownership or play too much Call of Duty but I see it this way. Can you tell me a better way to make an impression on the government that the second amendment is important to the public? The more guns that are in the hands of more citizens the better I say. No matter if they are people who are prepping for the zombie apocalypse or are active members of the competitive shooting community. We can all make it harder to pass a ban if we can get more people to buy guns!!! 

viet_ladin

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to the site. Here is my 2 cents. I believe that all this panic buying is a good thing. What??? Wait hear me out. Among all these panic buyers is a large amount of first time buyers. Sure they may be posers or not serious about gun ownership or play too much Call of Duty but I see it this way. Can you tell me a better way to make an impression on the government that the second amendment is important to the public? The more guns that are in the hands of more citizens the better I say. No matter if they are people who are prepping for the zombie apocalypse or are active members of the competitive shooting community. We can all make it harder to pass a ban if we can get more people to buy guns!!!

Although you make a good point, it matters to me, WHO is buying guns.  There are enough idiots in the world, with firearms.  With this panic, every Dick, Jane and Harry, are just rushing to buy guns.  A lot of these people don't take into account, how big of a responsibility it is, to own firearms.  I'd rather NOT have these types of people buying, even if it helps, boost awareness. 

Bunker

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
Although you make a good point, it matters to me, WHO is buying guns.  There are enough idiots in the world, with firearms.  With this panic, every Dick, Jane and Harry, are just rushing to buy guns.  A lot of these people don't take into account, how big of a responsibility it is, to own firearms.  I'd rather NOT have these types of people buying, even if it helps, boost awareness.

I'm not so convinced by your assessment. People who fear some sort of restriction or ban are generally the people who are already deeply involved with gun rights or people who always were interested in firearms and worry about the current state of affairs nationally and decide now is the time. I would like to believe the later would at least want the minimal training to effectively operate the firearm. People who buy firearms in crime ridden communities are fearing their life and family, and generally will seek some minimal training to ensure they can defend their families. Most of those people buy handguns and many elderly people are just scared of firearms and often become victims in the large inter-cities. If people as you suggest are just buying firearms for the sack of having one, I'm not so convinced. Just my opinion.

Kingkeoni

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
Actually yeah.  If we didn't have stuff going on, I would have no ballsed them.

What's a "no ballsed"?

It sounds  :rofl:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Old Guy

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »
Jl808

Nope, not going to see me handing out stuff.  I'm not called "Old" because I like it.

Diabetic and New kidney would be nice.

Passed out once at the fishing fair.  Also another friend also passed out for no reason at someplace else.

We did our bit years ago.

Time to pass the Flag to you new younger guys.

Time to cough up the $$, join NRA/HRA.  Pour $$ into PAC

Show up at Public hearings, even if you have to take time off.

Piss on your State legislator to have gun hearings at a time when more citizens can attend.

Like after work at 6pm.  Not 9 am. 

Watch when they hold hearings, COMPLAIN to your Senator and Representative.  Demand more "reasonable"

hearing times.  They do for others.  They CAN, IF they want to or if really pressured.

Show up at their fund raisers wearing a large NRA button, watch the LOOK on their faces.

Look 'em in the eye, Tell them you're not happy and Why, NICELY

Crying here in the forum isn't going to change a thing. 

Getting Politically involved and supporting the PAC will.

Hunter1007

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »
Although you make a good point, it matters to me, WHO is buying guns.  There are enough idiots in the world, with firearms.  With this panic, every Dick, Jane and Harry, are just rushing to buy guns.  A lot of these people don't take into account, how big of a responsibility it is, to own firearms.  I'd rather NOT have these types of people buying, even if it helps, boost awareness.

Point taken but that is the right afforded to all americans, the right to bare arms, regardless of training and or motivation for buying a firearm. As long as they follow all applicable laws and procedures. So who is to decide which Dick, Jane and Harry can and cannot own firearms? You? Me? Your marching up slippery slope. The right to bare arms is not any different than the right to vote. Every citizen has the right to vote for whoever they want regardless of their motives or education etc. So does statement apply here too? Should some people have the right to vote when others don't? Who should decide? Doesn't sound right here does it? Just something to think about.

Jl808

How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2012, 11:06:55 PM »
Jl808

Nope, not going to see me handing out stuff.  I'm not called "Old" because I like it.

Diabetic and New kidney would be nice.

Passed out once at the fishing fair.  Also another friend also passed out for no reason at someplace else.

We did our bit years ago.

Time to pass the Flag to you new younger guys.

Time to cough up the $$, join NRA/HRA.  Pour $$ into PAC

Show up at Public hearings, even if you have to take time off.

Piss on your State legislator to have gun hearings at a time when more citizens can attend.

Like after work at 6pm.  Not 9 am. 

Watch when they hold hearings, COMPLAIN to your Senator and Representative.  Demand more "reasonable"

hearing times.  They do for others.  They CAN, IF they want to or if really pressured.

Show up at their fund raisers wearing a large NRA button, watch the LOOK on their faces.

Look 'em in the eye, Tell them you're not happy and Why, NICELY

Crying here in the forum isn't going to change a thing. 

Getting Politically involved and supporting the PAC will.

Thanks, oldguy. I didn't mean that you personally would pass out fliers. Folks here could help out if there was a flyer to pass out in the first place. Question... What would the flyer contain?

I just think that not doing so is missing an opportunity to educate potential supporters on what we can all do to improve things for everyone here that cares about our 2a rights.

The line is just getting ridiculous. Up to what point will we let the current setup waste everyone's time?  Something that can take minutes should not take 2-3 hours off a person's day.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Keydz

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »
Aloha everyone.  Applied for my permit to acquire a week or so ago.  When I go to pick up the permit at HPD next week, is there a separate line for permit pick-up only?  Or are applications, permit issue, and firearm registration all the same line?
Much mahalos for the info!